Waiting On Wednesday (14) : Splintered by A.G Howard


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Splintered by A.G Howard
Publication Date : January 2013

 Summary (from Goodreads)

For sixteen years, Alyssa Gardner has lived with the stigma of being descended from Alice Liddell -- the real life inspiration for Lewis Carroll's famed novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. But cruel jokes about dormice and tea parties can’t compare to the fact that Alyssa hears the whispers of bugs and flowers ... the same quirk which sent her mother to a mental institution years before.

When her mother takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong for Alyssa to bear, she seeks the origins of their family curse. A set of heirlooms and a moth tied to an unusual website lead Alyssa and her gorgeous best friend / secret crush, Jeb, down the rabbit hole into the real Wonderland, a place more twisted and eerie than Lewis Carroll ever let on.

There, creepy counterparts of the original fairytale crew reveal the purpose for Alyssa’s journey, and unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.

I admit that the reason I was attracted to this book was the cover. It has a creepy, yet mysterious side to it. I think it's really beautiful!
I hope the content of the book is as awesome  as the cover! What do you think of this book?

What are you guys waiting for this Wednesday ?

Comments

  1. This sounds like a reTelling to me? But the cover looks indeed awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for this one! It sounds awesome and the cover is just gorgeous. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Danny
    Yeah, I think it is a re-telling. It sure sounds interesting though and re-tellings can sometimes be fun! :)

    @Tiffany
    I love the cover too ! I hope it turns out to be a good read :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yessss, this is one of my 2 picks this week, too! I am loving the creepy cover, and I can't wait to read about all the evil counterparts to the characters. Why do we have to wait until next year??

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Nick! Thanks for spotlighting Splintered today! I'm so happy w/the cover Amulet gave me! The story is more of a spinoff than a retelling; kind of how the Tim Burton Alice movie was a "continuation" of the original. But no worries, I pay homage to Carroll in a lot of places because he was a literary rock star! :) So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this book sounds really great! I haven't heard of it until now but I'm definitely putting it on my wishlist! I love books that are creepy and mysterious! New follower :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THIS COVER! I think the blurb could sound horrible, I'd still want to buy this one. XD

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover for this and thx for visiting my WOW wish I had received an ARC of the one I am waiting on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one looks awesome. And I love retellings and Alice in Wonderland. The cover for this one is great, too.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    New follower btw ;)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was my last WoW! I can't wait for this one. I'm already in love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nick! Inky from Book Haven returning the WOW favor, also following you. Wow that book looks really great! I have never heard of it but it is going on my to reads list! The cover is really fabulous! Great pick! I will totally look into this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your right the cover really draws you in..enjoy it when you get to read it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww I completely love this cover <3 <3 And I think the story will be great too!! :) Awesome pick Nick! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the synopsis! A story about a story that turns out not to be a story. I like it! And yes, the cover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! It was the idea of her descended from Alice from Wonderland that has me intrigued. Thanks for sharing what you're waiting for!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)