In My Mailbox (3)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1)
by Marissa Meyer
Summary (from Goodreads)
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
The Alchemy Of Forever (Incarnation #1)
by Avery Williams
Summary (from Goodreads)
Seraphina's first love made her immortal...her second might get her killed.Incarnation is a new series that introduces a fresh mythology perfect for fans of bestselling series like The Immortals by Alyson Noel and Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.
After spending six hundred years on earth, Seraphina Ames has seen it all. Eternal life provides her with the world's riches, but at a very high price: innocent lives. Centuries ago, her boyfriend, Cyrus, discovered a method of alchemy that allows them to swap bodies with other humans, jumping from one vessel to the next, taking the human's life in the process. No longer able to bear the guilt of what she's done, Sera escapes from Cyrus and vows to never kill again.

Then sixteen-year-old Kailey Morgan gets into a horrific car accident right in front of her, and Sera accidentally takes over her body. For the first time, Sera finds herself enjoying the life of the person she's inhabiting--and falls for the human boy who lives next door. But Cyrus will stop at nothing until she's his again, and every moment she stays, she's putting herself and the people she's grown to care for in great danger. Will Sera have to give up the one thing that's eluded her for centuries: true love?

My Life Undecided
by Jessica Brody
Summary (from Goodreads)
PLEASE READ THIS! MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Okay, maybe that was a bit melodramatic, but I’m sorry, I’m feeling a bit melodramatic at the moment.

Here’s the deal. My name is Brooklyn Pierce, I’m fifteen years old, and I am decisionally challenged. Seriously, I can’t remember the last good decision I made. I can remember plenty of crappy ones though. Including that party I threw when my parents were out of town that accidentally burned down a model home. Yeah, not my finest moment, for sure.

But see, that’s why I started a blog. To enlist readers to make my decisions for me. That’s right. I gave up. Threw in the towel. I let someone else be the one to decide which book I read for English. Or whether or not I accepted an invitation to join the debate team from that cute-in-a-dorky-sort-of-way guy who gave me the Heimlich Maneuver in the cafeteria. (Note to self: Chew the melon before swallowing it.) I even let them decide who I dated!

Well, it turns out there are some things in life you simply can’t choose or have chosen for you—like who you fall in love with. And now everything’s more screwed up than ever.

But don’t take my word for it, read the book and decide for yourself. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll scream in frustration. Or maybe that’s just me. After all, it’s my life.


Wings Of The Wicked (Angelfire #2)
by Courtney Allison Moulton
Summary (from Goodreads)
Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined.
Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven’s warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell’s strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night.

She’s been warned.
Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian’s new plan to destroy Ellie’s soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian’s schemes , the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself.

She’ll be betrayed.
Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be hell to pay.

 


Fracture
by Megan Miranda
Summary (from Goodreads)
Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine
-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it? 
Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?

For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death.
 

Comments

  1. Cinder and the Alchemy of Forever both look pretty awesome. :D I can't wait to read the both of those!

    Happy reading, and have an awesome week! I'm a new follower as well. :) Your blog is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat :)
      I'm excited to read them too !

      Delete
  2. I feel sort of out of it not having gotten Cinder yet lol. Hopefully it is as good as the hype! :)

    Your blog is super cute by the way!

    -L
    sea-glass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I hope so too !
      It looks really good !
      Thanks for dropping by !

      Delete
  4. I'm listening to Cinder now. It is very good and pretty original. I love the cover, don't you ? Also, if you go on Meyer's website you can learn the name of the rest of the Lunar Chronicles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love the cover. It's very original.
      I'm kind of tired of seeing girls in dresses on covers !
      Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check out her website !

      Delete
  5. I've heard great stuff about it :)
    I can't wait to dive into it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books! I really want to read Fracture! The synopsis sounds intriguing! Happy Reading :) New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah,I'm excited too !
      But it's gotten mixed reviews from Goodreaders !
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  7. I'm happy you got Cinder! It's a book that (if I had enough money) I would like to give a copy to everyone I found. I LOVED it, and I hope you like it, too. I haven't read the rest, but I'm excited to get my hands on Wings of the Wicked and Fracture. I've heard many good things about them! :)

    New follower!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to love Cinder ! I can't wait to read it too ! :D
      Thanks Sophie !

      Delete
  8. Cinder is an awesome book and I'm sure you'll enjoy reading it! The Alcehmy of Forever looks intriguing as well - I have a review copy myself, and can't wait to get started on it!

    Enjoy reading!
    My IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Fracture and Cinder! Good January reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks !
    That's what everyone keeps saying on Cinder ! I can't wait !
    Legend is pretty awesome upto now !

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cinder and The Alchemy of Forever is receiving a lot of love recently from book bloggers - I'd be interested to find out how you enjoyed them. :) Fracture also looks interesting. Have fun with your new reads! Here's ours over at GatheringBooks: http://wp.me/pDlzr-2S5

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh I have Cinder too! Finally!

    My Life Undecided sounds like fun - happy reading :-D

    My IMM @ The Aussie Zombie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read and loved Fracture! I have been wanting to read Cinder for a while. My Life Undecided sounds hilarious! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great list (and some suggestions that I hadn't checked out before)! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got a great mailbox! I'm thinking about buying Fracture myself, it looks so good. Hope you enjoy all of your books!

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  16. AHHHHHH so many awesome books! Cinder is like the BEST book EVER!!! And OMG Fracture is totally on my tbr list!!! Hope you love it...it sounds so sad!!! Great haul :) Enjoy!
    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    Tempest and The Eternal One's Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG awesome mailbox!! So many many great books! I hope you'll enjoy them all Nick :) :) Cinder, Fracture, The Alchemy of Forever <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. AWESOME IMM! I really can't wait to get my hands on Cinder and Fracture, which has to be really soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (10)