In My Mailbox (13)



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.


The Fault In Our Stars
by John Green
Summary (from Goodreads)


Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 12, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now.

Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. 
And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault.

Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. 
Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind. 

Shooting Stars
by Allison Rushby
Summary (from Goodreads)


Meet Josephine Foster, or Zo Jo as she’s called in the biz. 
The best pint-sized photographer of them all, Jo doesn’t mind doing what it takes to get that perfect shot, until she’s sent on an undercover assignment to shoot Ned Hartnett—teen superstar and the only celebrity who’s ever been kind to her—at an exclusive rehabilitation retreat in Boston. 
The money will be enough to pay for Jo’s dream: real photography classes, and maybe even quitting her paparazzi gig for good. 
Everyone wants to know what Ned’s in for. 
 But Jo certainly doesn’t know what she’s in for: falling in love with Ned was never supposed to be part of her assignment.
 

Grave Mercy
by R.L LaFevers
Summary (from Goodreads)


Why be the sheep, when you can be the wolf?

Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where the sisters still serve the gods of old. Here she learns that the god of Death Himself has blessed her with dangerous gifts—and a violent destiny. 
If she chooses to stay at the convent, she will be trained as an assassin and serve as a handmaiden to Death. To claim her new life, she must destroy the lives of others.

Ismae's most important assignment takes her straight into the high court of Brittany—where she finds herself woefully under prepared—not only for the deadly games of intrigue and treason, but for the impossible choices she must make. 
For how can she deliver Death’s vengeance upon a target who, against her will, has stolen her heart?
  
 
Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1)
by Jessica Spotswood
Summary (from Goodreads)


Everybody knows Cate Cahill and her sisters are eccentric. Too pretty, too reclusive, and far too educated for their own good. But the truth is even worse: they’re witches. And if their secret is discovered by the priests of the Brotherhood, it would mean an asylum, a prison ship—or an early grave.

Before her mother died, Cate promised to protect her sisters. But with only six months left to choose between marriage and the Sisterhood, she might not be able to keep her word... especially after she finds her mother’s diary, uncovering a secret that could spell her family’s destruction. Desperate to find alternatives to their fate, Cate starts scouring banned books and questioning rebellious new friends, all while juggling tea parties, shocking marriage proposals, and a forbidden romance with the completely unsuitable Finn Belastra.

If what her mother wrote is true, the Cahill girls aren’t safe. Not from the Brotherhood, the Sisterhood—not even from each other.





I'm so excited to finally be able to read Grave Mercy! Some of my blogger friends have been raving about it and I can't wait to finally dive into it! My mailbox isn't so big this week, but nevertheless I'm really happy with my haul! :)

What did you guys receive in your mailbox ?


Comments

  1. I'm SOOO looking forward to reading The Fault In Our Stars! :) Great IMM Nick.

    Happy reading! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww The Fault in Our Stars <3 <3 <3 Love this book!!! And Born Wicked!! Still need to finish this one :P Great haul Nick! Enjoy all your amazing books this week :) And I like the new design ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TFiOS was AMAZING (but you have probably already heard that:) and Born Wicked was great too! I'm still pining away for Grave Mercy. Have a great week w/ all those books!



    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woow you such great books in your mailbox this week xD TFiOS was AMAZING!!! It was easily one of the best books I've read this year! I started reading Shooting Stars and then got interrupted. Grave Mercy is also soo good! I haven't read Born Wicked but it looks awesome!

    Have a great week! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, FANTASTIC list! I just finished The Fault in Our Stars and wrote my review out this morning before checking IMMs. =)

    I hope you love it. Grave Mercy has been one of my favorite reads of the year, it was beautiful and hot, and fantastic! I have Born Wicked on hand, and am hoping to get to it in the next two weeks. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set! Reading Grave Mercy now and loving it. I adored TFIOS.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shooting Stars sounds like a sweet story! Hope you enjoy all the lovely books you received :)

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you've got some great reads! Hope you enoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous bunch of books this week! I have also heard awesome things about Grave Mercy and am excited to get my hands on it soon b/c I've heard its a lot like Graceling. Also, I bought Born Wicked this week too and can't wait to start it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhh! I must get Born Wicked! That cover is to die for!!! Nice loot, btw :-) My IMM Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really wanting to read Grave Mercy and The Fault in Our Stars! They both sound amazing. Hope you enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cant wait to get my hands on a copy of the fault in our star's. Also kind of want to read Grave mercy. Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great IMM. New Follower!
    Hope you ejoy all your new books. :)

    Ezzy @ P a R a F a N T a S Y

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol how funny we both got The Fault in Our Stars this week. I hope we both enjoy it because I've tried a Green book before and wasn't a huge fan.

    Oh I really want to read Born Wicked, I shall have to watch for your review.

    Grave Mercy was really good, I didn't love it but it was a great start to a cool historical fantasy series which doesn't happen all that often in YA.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to read all of these. I've been dying to get Grave Mercy. I hope you enjoy them.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jealous over The Fault in our stars and Grave Mercy. Not gonna lie, lol.

    Great IMM ;)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)