In My Mailbox (9)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.



Spell Bound (Hex Hall #3)
by Rachel Hawkins
Summary (from Goodreads)

Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. 

Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. 

The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident.

Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late?






Pure (Covenant #2)
by Jennifer L Armentrout
Summary (from Goodreads)

There is need. And then there is Fate...

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.



The Hunt (Obtained from Net Galley - Big Thank You to St Martin's Griffin for the ARC)
by Andrew Fukuda
Summary (from Goodreads)

Don’t Sweat. Don’t Laugh. Don’t draw attention to yourself. And most of all, whatever you do, do not fall in love with one of them.

Gene is different from everyone else around him. He can’t run with lightning speed, sunlight doesn’t hurt him and he doesn’t have an unquenchable lust for blood. Gene is a human, and he knows the rules. Keep the truth a secret. It’s the only way to stay alive in a world of night—a world where humans are considered a delicacy and hunted for their blood.

When he’s chosen for a once in a lifetime opportunity to hunt the last remaining humans, Gene’s carefully constructed life begins to crumble around him. He’s thrust into the path of a girl who makes him feel things he never thought possible—and into a ruthless pack of hunters whose suspicions about his true nature are growing. Now that Gene has finally found something worth fighting for, his need to survive is stronger than ever—but is it worth the cost of his humanity?





The Summer My Life Began (Obtained from Net Galley - Big Thank You to Speak for the ARC)
by Shannon Greenland
Summary (from Goodreads)

Elizabeth Margaret—better known as Em—has always known what life would contain: an internship at her father’s firm, a degree from Harvard and a career as a lawyer. The only problem is that it’s not what she wants. 

When she gets the opportunity to get away from it all and spend a month with the aunt she never knew, she jumps at the chance. 

While there, Em pursues her secret dream of being a chef, and she also learns that her family has kept some significant secrets from her, too. 

And then there’s Cade, the laid-back local surfer boy who seems to be everything Em isn't. Naturally, she can’t resist him, and as their romance blossoms, Em feels she is living on her own terms for the first time.
 


Wither (The Chemical Garden #1)
by Lauren DeStephano
Summary (from Goodreads)

By age sixteen, Rhine Ellery has four years left to live. She can thank modern science for this genetic time bomb. A botched effort to create a perfect race has left all males with a lifespan of 25 years, and females with a lifespan of 20 years. Geneticists are seeking a miracle antidote to restore the human race, desperate orphans crowd the population, crime and poverty have skyrocketed, and young girls are being kidnapped and sold as polygamous brides to bear more children. 

When Rhine is kidnapped and sold as a bride, she vows to do all she can to escape. Her husband, Linden, is hopelessly in love with her, and Rhine can’t bring herself to hate him as much as she’d like to. He opens her to a magical world of wealth and illusion she never thought existed, and it almost makes it possible to ignore the clock ticking away her short life. 

But Rhine quickly learns that not everything in her new husband’s strange world is what it seems. Her father-in-law, an eccentric doctor bent on finding the antidote, is hoarding corpses in the basement. Her fellow sister wives are to be trusted one day and feared the next, and Rhine is desperate to communicate to her twin brother that she is safe and alive. 

Will Rhine be able to escape--before her time runs out?Together with one of Linden's servants, Gabriel, Rhine attempts to escape just before her seventeenth birthday. But in a world that continues to spiral into anarchy, is there any hope for freedom?



I'm super hyped to read some of these books this week. I've already abandoned some of my reading to read Spell Bound and Pure. :P
What did you get in your mailbox this week? Don't forget to let me know!

Comments

  1. Oh, I'm glad you liked Summer, Miri. I started it, but I'm not connecting with any of the characters.

    Pure is pretty awesome! I read it yesterday and it was fantastic! Do give the Covenant series a shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Wither, I hope you do too!

    I'm getting really excited to read The Hunt, Pure, and Spell Bound! Happy reading!

    My IMM - http://robolobolynsuniverseofbooks.blogspot.ca/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-031812.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of books this week. I need to get Spellbound and I too got The Hunt for review as well.

    Happy Reading
    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-49.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover of Pure
    All of them look great!
    Kises
    Ruty
    http://booksaremywayofliving.blogspot.com/2012/03/imm-03.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Robyn
    I've heard some great things about it! Hopefully, I'll enjoy it ! :)

    @Kristina
    Thanks for dropping by

    @Ruty
    I love the cover too. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Hunt and Withered looked really good!
    Janiera @This is From my Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous, I need to order a copy of Spell Bound already. I really enjoyed the first two books in the series so I must know how it ends. Although I think I glanced at your review and you weren't in love with it.

    Pure is awesome!! There is no other way to express how much I loved that book. Seth is my new man lol.

    I'm so glad I'm not the only person on the planet who has not yet read Wither!! Can't wait to see what you think of it.

    Oh and I just noticed you have my button on your blog! That is so EPIC and sweet of you. I can't remember if I have you on my blog roll or not but I shall have to update it with your link :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh darn it! I forgot to tell you that if you live in the US I would be happy to send you my arc of Slide, since you were unsure about reading it.

    Just email me if you are interested. :)
    apk1princess(at)live(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a lot of books in common! Spell Bound was good :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wither is AMAZING. I finally got Fever this week, and I can't wait to start it. I am in love with the covers. I hope you like Wither, too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh! Looks like you got some yummy books this week!

    Thanks for sharing!
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great set! I can't wait to read Spell Bound. I really liked Wither.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you enjoy Wither! I can't wait to read Spell Bound!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have Wither on my shelf and I can't wait to read it. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week. Here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-26.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Spell Bound and Pure <3 <3 And Wither <3 <3 OMG amazing mailbox this week Nick! :) I am enjoy Pure so so much! And Spell Bound was amazing too! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome haul this week. I really want to read The Hunt, and one of these days I'll get around to Hex Hall - it's on my shelf, waiting to be read! And I'm not sure if I told you this already, but I'm currently co-hosting and participating in a Wither/Fever read-along event. You should totally participate! Here's the link if you're interested: Catch Wither Fever Read-Along Event. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great mailbox this week! I really enjoyed Wither and The Summer My Life Begins looks really good! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)