In My Mailbox (7)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

Arcadia Awakens (Arkadien #1)
by Kai Meyer
Summary (from Goodreads)

To New Yorker Rosa Alcantara, the exotic world of Sicily, with its network of Mafia families and its reputation for murder and intrigue, is just that—exotic, and wholly unknown. But when tragedy strikes, she must travel there, to her family’s ancestral home, where her sister and aunt have built their lives and where centuries of family secrets await her. Once there, Rosa wastes no time falling head over heels for Alessandro Carnevare, the son of a Sicilian Mafia family, whose handsome looks and savage grace both intrigue and unsettle her. But their families are sworn enemies, and her aunt and sister believe Alessandro is only using Rosa to infiltrate the Alcantara clan. And when Rosa encounters a tiger one night—a tiger with very familiar eyes—she can no longer deny that neither the Carnevares nor the Alcantaras are what they seem.

Ancient myths brought to life in the Sicilian countryside, dangerous beasts roaming the hills, and a long history of familial bloodlust prove to Rosa that she can’t trust anyone—not even her own family. Torn between loyalty to her aunt and love for her family’s mortal enemy, Rosa must make the hardest decision of her life: stay in Sicily with her new love . . . or run as far and as fast as she can.

The Catastrophic History Of You And Me
by Jess Rothenberg
Summary (from Goodreads)
Dying of a broken heart is just the beginning.... Welcome to forever.

BRIE'S LIFE ENDS AT SIXTEEN: Her boyfriend tells her he doesn't love her, and the news breaks her heart—literally.

But now that she's D&G (dead and gone), Brie is about to discover that love is way more complicated than she ever imagined. Back in Half Moon Bay, her family has begun to unravel. Her best friend has been keeping a secret about Jacob, the boy she loved and lost—and the truth behind his shattering betrayal. And then there's Patrick, Brie's mysterious new guide and resident Lost Soul . . . who just might hold the key to her forever after.

With Patrick's help, Brie will have to pass through the five stages of grief before she's ready to move on. But how do you begin again, when your heart is still in pieces?

Dearly,Departed (Gone With Respiration #1)
by Lia Habel
Summary (from Goodreads)
Love can never die.

Love conquers all, so they say. But can Cupid’s arrow pierce the hearts of the living and the dead—or rather, the undead? Can a proper young Victorian lady find true love in the arms of a dashing zombie?

The year is 2195. The place is New Victoria—a high-tech nation modeled on the manners, mores, and fashions of an antique era. A teenager in high society, Nora Dearly is far more interested in military history and her country’s political unrest than in tea parties and debutante balls. But after her beloved parents die, Nora is left at the mercy of her domineering aunt, a social-climbing spendthrift who has squandered the family fortune and now plans to marry her niece off for money. For Nora, no fate could be more horrible—until she’s nearly kidnapped by an army of walking corpses.

But fate is just getting started with Nora. Catapulted from her world of drawing-room civility, she’s suddenly gunning down ravenous zombies alongside mysterious black-clad commandos and confronting “The Laz,” a fatal virus that raises the dead—and hell along with them. Hardly ideal circumstances. Then Nora meets Bram Griswold, a young soldier who is brave, handsome, noble . . . and dead. But as is the case with the rest of his special undead unit, luck and modern science have enabled Bram to hold on to his mind, his manners, and his body parts. And when his bond of trust with Nora turns to tenderness, there’s no turning back. Eventually, they know, the disease will win, separating the star-crossed lovers forever. But until then, beating or not, their hearts will have what they desire.
 


Harbinger
by Sara Wilson Etienne
Summary (from Goodreads)
Plagued by waking visions and nightmares, inexplicably drawn to the bones of dead animals, Faye thinks she's going crazy. Fast. Her parents beleive Holbrook Academy might just be the solution. Dr. Mordoch tells her it's the only answer. But Faye knows that something's not quite right about Dr. Mordoch and her creepy, prisonlike school for disturbed teenagers.

What's wrong with Holbrook goes beyond the Takers, sadistic guards who threaten the student body with Tasers and pepper spray; or Nurse, who doles out pills at bedtime and doses of solitary confinement when kids step out of line; or Rita, the strange girl who delivers ominous messages to Faye that never seem to make any sense. What's wrong with Holbrook begins and ends with Faye's red hands; she and her newfound friends--her Holbrook "family"--wake up every morning with their hands stained the terrible brown of dried blood. Faye has no idea what it means but fears she may be the cause.

Because despite the strangeness of Holbrook and the island on which it sits, Faye feels oddly connected to the place; she feels especially linked to the handsome Kel, who helps her unravel the mystery. There's just one problem: Faye's certain Kel's trying to kill her--and maybe the rest of the world, too. 

 
 

Anywhere But Here (Review Copy Obtained From Author)
by Sherri Fulmer Moorer
Summary (from Author's Website)
Meet Jana Lanning: A recent college graduate who can't seem to get a grip on life. All of her plans for the future have fallen apart within two weeks of graduation. The only comfort she finds is in a mysterious music box sent to her by a friend. At first she looks to it for comforting memories of her past, but soon she's having strange dreams of a life where she's the queen of a world where everything she desires comes to pass. It seems ideal until elements of reality and her dream world start to merge, leaving her ill and confused. When she's confronted by attacks in both worlds she must face her demons and choose which reality she prefers; and what price she'll pay to keep it.



Neophyte (Review Copy Obtained From Author)
by Emmalee Aple
Summary (from Goodreads)
Addisyn White thought she had her new life, her after life, all figured out. Granted death had not brought her to the pearly white gates, she hadn’t even left Earth. But death had its perks; she got to live forever with her best friend and her assigned Link of Angels, in a beautiful beach house. Even with the changes she was going through to turn her human body into an angelic one, everything seemed pretty easy. Until a gray winged angel comes into her life, then all the secrets and lies her Link had been keeping start crumbling away, exposing a whole new world of dangers she didn’t even know about.

Now Addisyn must fill in the blanks before things escalate too far. Will she save her Link? Or will she be buried in their secrets forever?



ReVamped (Review Copy Obtained From Author)
by Ada Adams
Summary (from Goodreads)
A simple mission turned deadly.

Nineteen-year-old vampire Dawn has led a sheltered life within the confines of her father’s presidential headquarters. Upon being sent on a mission to revamp four goofy misfits into guardians of a peaceful little town of Angel Creek, Dawn believes that all her dreams have finally come true. What starts off as a simple task, turns into something unexpected, changing Dawn’s life forever and leading the action-loving, thrill-seeking vampire teen on a path of mystery, danger and intrigue.

When a human girl is kidnapped by a group of rogue vamps, Dawn discovers that there is more going on in Angel Creek than meets the eye. And it all connects to Ethan, the cute newcomer who seems too perfect to be true, Sebastian, the mysterious vampire with a turbulent past, and even Dawn herself. Dawn must not only succeed in revamping the troubled recruits, but must also prevent the vampire race from being overtaken by a malevolent villain who has a strange and obsessive fascination with her. As threat escalates, romance blooms, and ghosts from her past begin to surface, Dawn is sure of only one thing: her life will never be the same.



Stone Cold (Review Copy Obtained From Author)
by Karina Kantas
Summary (from Goodreads)
A hostel in a secluded part of Scotland. The residents start dropping like flies.
Billy knows who the murderer is.
Shane knows he's next to die.









Justice (Review Copy Obtained From Author)
by Jade Varden
Summary (from Goodreads)
A House of Cards...

When you build an entire life on a foundation of lies, it only takes one truth for the whole thing to come crashing down. I never invited the truth in. I never went searching for it. I never had any reason to suspect that the two people I loved most were dishonest with me every second of every day.

I made one bad decision, and in a single day my entire world changed. If I'm ever going to discover the truth about myself and my parents, I have to trace all the lies back to their source. I have to try to find the truth that they're hiding.

The more I discover about myself, and my past, the more I realize that lies really are better than the truth. But now that I know the lies are all around me, I can't stop until I've discovered them all. I'll pull each lie away, one by one, and examine it to see what's underneath…until this house of cards crumbles into dust at my feet.

I just hope I can survive the crash.

Ok, so I got some really good books this week that I cannot wait to start reading them! What books did you get this week? 

Special Thanks to all the authors who sent me a review copy of their books. 

Also, don't forget to check out the Arcadia Awakens Giveaway!

Comments

  1. Wooooohow for The Catastrophic History Of You And Me!! I really hope you'll like it Nick! I've read it's so so good! I haven't read it yet due to my reading only the books with those two models of the Obsidian cover lol :D :D hihi :P and Dearly, departed is also good! And ReVamped is promising a waaaay good story! :) Enjoy your books this week and have fun! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @nea barabea

    Yes! I can't wait to read Catastrophic! I've heard nothing but good things about it!
    LOL, Nea! Stop obsessing with those two models ! :P :P
    Dearly Departed looks good too.
    ReVamped has a Vampire Academy vibe in that the main character has a similar personality to Rose! And I love Rose ! :D

    Thanks! I hope you enjoy your beautiful cover models too :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, great books!! I'd love to read The Catastrophic H. of You and Me too :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Lovely haul. I especially want to pick up Harbinger and Dearly Departed.The Catastrophic History of You and Me, I hadn't heard of before, so I'm glad you got that this week - have added it to my reading list.
    Happy reading :)
    Kat @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the cover on Arcaida Awakens. It's got a "creep" factor to it that I really like. Great haul this week! Happy reading:)

    http://notyourmothersbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-pre-orders-bones-and-robb.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Vicky

    Thanks Vicky! I hope you enjoys your books too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @K R Weinert

    I've heard really good stuff about Harbinger, so I can't wait to start reading it.
    Dearly Departed will be the first zombie book I read ;)
    I'm glad you learnt about Catastrophic :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @J.R. @ Not Your Momma's Book Blog

    Yeah, I like the whole snake around her neck too. I can't wait to read it although I only recently learnt that it's in fact a translation. I hope it's good though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books this week! I really need to read Dearly Departed, Harbinger, and The Catastrophic History of you and Me! Hope you enjoy all of these, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Lindsay

    Thanks for dropping by :)

    @April X

    I've been wanting to read them since a long time now! I hope I'm not disappointed :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome books!!! I'm dying to read Arcadia Awakens!! :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Catastrophic History of You and Me looks awesome! I'll have to get a copy soon. Happy reading :)

    The Reader's Antidote

    ReplyDelete
  13. these all look like great reads. i am super excited about harbinger, which i really need to start. and arcadia wakens looks really good, too. happy reading!

    my imm

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've definitely got my eye on Harbinger -- looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,how are you?
    I've heard great things about Awakens.



    I'm following your blog. Please "like" my page on facebook. It's there on my blog.
    Have a good weekend.
    Mariana - World of Tori Vega.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow awesome haul! I really want to read Catastrophic History it's supposedly really good. And Dearly Departed is pretty cool I hope you like it! :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you got a ton of great books this week. So many of those are ones I have on my wish list so I will be certainly watching for your reviews on them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)