In My Mailbox (10)



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.


Don't You Wish (Obtained From Net Galley - Big Thanks To Random House Children's Books for the ARC)
by Roxanne St Claire
Summary (from Goodreads)

When plain and unpopular Annie Nutter gets zapped by one of her dad's whacked-out inventions, she lands in a parallel universe where her life becomes picture-perfect. Now she's Ayla Monroe, daughter of the same mother but a different father—and she's the gorgeous, rich queen bee of her high school. 

In this universe, Ayla lives in glitzy Miami instead of dreary Pittsburgh and has beaucoup bucks, courtesy of her billionaire—if usually absent—father. Her friends hit the clubs, party backstage at concerts, and take risks that are exhilirating . . . and illegal. Here she's got a date to lose her V-card with the hottest guy she's ever seen.

But on the insde, Ayla is still Annie.

So when she's offered the chance to leave the dream life and head home to Pittsburgh, will she take it?

The choice isn't as simple as you think.


The Shapeshifter's Secret (Obtained From Net Galley - Big Thanks To Cedar Fort for the ARC)
by Heather Ostler
Summary (from Goodreads)

She tried telling herself to stop, but it was useless. Something had fully claimed her mind and body. A sound began to erupt from inside her chest, a deep sort of growl that seized her entire being. She felt as if there was a grizzly bear inside her, trying to escape. And then a deafening roar echoed from her mouth, only inches away from Lancer’s face. It took everything inside of her not to attack him.
 
In Julia’s life, timing is everything. Like the time her paranoid father put bars on her window so she wouldn’t sneak out at night—even though she’s never given him a reason not to trust her. Or the time this weird new kid showed up at her school and pretty much every girl in sight instantly and inexplicably fell in love with him. What was up with that? 

But as time moves on, things in Julia’s life go from strange to seriously impossible. Now it’s all she can do to keep herself and the life she’s always known from falling apart. 

This fast-paced action-adventure story is packed with humor, romance, and enough twists and turns to keep you guessing to the very last page. Get lost in a world of hidden royalty, shifting alliances, and dangerous vendettas, but don’t ever forget: nothing is what it seems.

Putting Boys On The Ledge (A Girlfriend's Guide To Boys #1) (Obtained From Net Galley - Big Thanks To TKA Distribution)
by Stephanie Rowe
Summary (from Goodreads)

Meet Blueberry Waller, whose name is the only interesting thing about her life. Until now.

Not only is Blue dealing with the worst name in the world, crazy parents and a clingy younger sister, she just got a part in the school play. 

And now she’s acting with Heath Cavendish, total crush-worthy senior. He would never give a second look to a girl like Blue. Except he has.

Her friends say Blue should play it cool, put Heath on the Ledge so she can keep the upper hand. Trouble is, she doesn’t know how to be clever around boys. 

Thankfully her pal Colin offers his help in teaching her how to get the guy. But he’s just being a good friend. Isn’t he?

Suddenly the wallflower is getting all the attention. But will being in the spotlight keep Blue from making the right decisions...for her?


A Girlfriend’s Guide to Boys: For these four friends, understanding the world of boys is only half the battle. 

Wake (Obtained ARC from Author - Big Thanks)
by Abria Mattina
Summary (from Goodreads)

Eighteen isn’t too young to run your life into the ground, but it’s not too old to fix it, either.

The desire for change drives Willa Kirk from St. John’s, Newfoundland back to her hometown of Smiths Falls, Ontario, away from her mistakes and the place where her sister died. 

She’s looking for a place to settle and rebuild. 

 Jem Harper just wants to get out of town, back to the life he knew before cancer. 

By letting the tragedies in their lives define them, they are both dying a little more every day. 

Welcome to the wake.


Illuminate (Gilded Wings #1)
by Aimee Agresti
Summary (from Goodreads)

Haven Terra is a brainy, shy high school outcast. But everything begins to change when she turns sixteen. Along with her best friend Dante and their quiet and brilliant classmate Lance, she is awarded a prestigious internship in the big city— Chicago—and is sent to live and work at a swanky and stylish hotel under the watchful eyes of a group of gorgeous and shockingly young-looking strangers: powerful and alluring hotel owner Aurelia Brown; her second-in-command, the dashing Lucian Grove; and their stunning but aloof staff of glamazons called The Outfit.

As Haven begins falling for Lucian, she discovers that these beautiful people are not quite what they seem. 


With the help of a mysterious book, she uncovers a network of secret passageways from the hotel’s jazz-age past that leads her to the heart of the evil agenda of Aurelia and company: they’re in the business of buying souls. 

Will they succeed in wooing Haven to join them in their recruitment efforts, or will she be able to thwart this devilish set’s plans to take the souls of her classmates on prom night at the hotel? 


On The Jellicoe Road
by Melina Marchetta
Summary (from Goodreads)

My father took one hundred and thirty two minutes to die.

I counted.

It happened on the Jellicoe Road. The prettiest road I’d ever seen, where trees made breezy canopies like a tunnel to Shangri-La. We were going to the ocean, hundreds of kilometres away, because I wanted to see the ocean and my father said that it was about time the four of us made that journey. I remember asking, “What’s the difference between a trip and a journey?” and my father said, “Narnie, my love, when we get there, you’ll understand,” and that was the last thing he ever said.

We heard her almost straight away. In the other car, wedged into ours so deep that you couldn’t tell where one began and the other ended. She told us her name was Tate and then she squeezed through the glass and the steel and climbed over her own dead – just to be with Webb and me; to give us her hand so we could clutch it with all our might. And then a kid called Fitz came riding by on a stolen bike and saved our lives.

Someone asked us later, “Didn’t you wonder why no one came across you sooner?”

Did I wonder?

When you see your parents zipped up in black body bags on the Jellicoe Road like they’re some kind of garbage, don’t you know?

‘Wonder dies.’



 I got some really wonderful books that I can't wait to start reading this week. I'm especially looking forward to reading On The Jellicoe Road because I don't think I've heard one negative review about it!

What did you guys receive/buy/borrow this week ?
Be sure to let me know ! :)

Happy Reading !





Comments

  1. Looks like you got some awesome books! Don't You Wish sounds really very good. The whole body-/universe-switching idea as such isn't very new, but I like that the main character gets to know two different lives as the same person. And Illuminate of course sounds amazing, I've been waiting so long to get this book, too. Can't wait to read it one day.

    If you’re interested in what I got this week, just check out my IMM over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got The Shapeshifter's Secret, also. I hope it's good!

    Nice haul!

    MY IMM~
    http://pnrurbanfantasyreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your books look totally awesome :) Illuminated looks especially AMAZING!!

    Kayla @ Simply Kayla's Book Reviews

    Here is my IMM: Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great IMM! I have Don't You Wish on my TBR pile too. Hope you enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Putting Boys On The Ledge looks really cute. I just love a good contemp.

    Also? I love that cover for Jellicoe Road it's super awesome!

    Happy reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great books this week. :) Illuminate is amazing. Hope you enjoy everything you got.

    Here is mine: IMM (16)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Switching thing sounds so cool! Wow, you really have a great haul there. O.O

    Happy Reading!! :3

    Patricia // My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Putting Boys on the Ledge and Illuminate look so good! I have On Jellicoe Road, but still need to read it. I hear it's amazing! Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books this week. I'd love to read Illuminate soon. Enjoy!

    My IMM: http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-33-awesome-sleepy-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there Nick, I have just recently bought a Melina Marchetta book and I am keen on finding out more about her. This one also looks to be quite inviting and the title also seems familiar. Once again, many thanks for the trouble that you take in laying all this out complete with synopsis and book covers. Great work! Enjoy your new books!

    Here's mine over at GatheringBooks:
    http://gatheringbooks.wordpress.com/2012/03/25/in-my-mailbox-40-of-bunnies-libraries-and-book-bargains/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the sound of Don't You Wish. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. :o Coolio, you got Illuminate! It looks awesome, as well as your other books in the reading pile. :)

    Happy reading!

    xoxo,
    Gianna [Books to Infinity and Beyond]

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have heard nothing but great things about Jellicoe Road but I can't bring myself to read it b/c of the material! Good luck staying "dry"!!! And Illuminate looks great! I've seen that one around everywhere and I'm sure I'll get to it eventually :)

    Have a great week! My IMM
    -Kristin @myparahangover

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you got some great books that I haven't really heard anything about yet. I love the cover for The Shapeshifter's Secret, that just looks so cool.

    I have also heard nothing but good things for Jellicoe Road so I can't wait to see what you think of that book.

    I'm on the fence about reading Illuminate so I'm still holding off on reading that until I make up my mind on it lol.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Illuminate has such a pretty cover! Great IMM and I hope you'll get a chance to enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope that you enjoy Jellicoe Road. It is a book that I loved so much when I first read it and swear that I'm going to reread it again soon. But that never happens because there are always new books just waiting to be read. But it makes me happy to see when other readers add it to their book collection. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. * Sorry edit that, I'm an old follower :p

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE LOVE LOVE Melinda Marchetta!! Enjoy!

    Our Imm!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Don't Yuu Wish sounds like a great fun book! Awesome haul Nick. Jellicoe Road is also SUPER popular but I'm the black sheep so I totally didn't get it haha. <3 your face!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nick!! Great mailbox!! On Jelicho road I've heard is so so good!! And Illuminate too :) Enjoy all your amazing books this week :) ;) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Illuminate! <3 And the shapeshifter secret looks fascinating!

    Nice IMM :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-1.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)