Review : Last First Kiss by Lia Riley

Summary (from Goodreads) 

Title : Last First Kiss
Author : Lia Riley
Publication Date :  June 23rd 2015
Publisher : Avon Impulse

Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble

A kiss is only the beginning...

Pinterest Perfect. Or so Annie Carson’s life appears on her popular blog. Reality is... messier. Especially when it lands her back in one-cow town, Brightwater, California, and back in the path of the gorgeous six-foot-four reason she left. Sawyer Kane may fill out those wranglers, but she won’t be distracted from her task. Annie just needs the summer to spruce up and sell her family’s farm so she and her young son can start a new life in the big city. Simple, easy, perfect.

Sawyer has always regretted letting the first girl he loved slip away. He won’t make the same mistake twice, but can he convince beautiful, wary Annie to trust her heart again when she’s been given every reason not to? And as a single kiss turns to so much more, can Annie give up her idea of perfect for a forever that’s blissfully real.


Personal Thoughts

One of my main reasons for picking up Lia Riley's latest, Last First Kiss, is Megan Erickson. She recommended it on her Twitter and after reading the summary, I knew this was a book I wanted to read. It sounded like one of those sweet and charming books that's bound to put a smile on your face when you finish it. Turns out, I was right!

After a messy divorce, Annie, a mommy blogger, along with her son are back on her family's farm. Being back brews up all sorts of memories, especially those related to her relationship and its ugly ending with Sawyer. Of course, all the emotions ensued a charming and romantic second chance romance! Both Annie and Sawyer were lovely characters. Annie, especially, was a headstrong woman, who worked hard to achieve her dreams and to keep her son safe. She was also a complete sweetheart and wasn't one to hold a grudge. Sawyer, too, was a sweet man who was willing to work to win back the woman he loves. I loved all the wooing on Sawyer's part so much. Seriously, is there anything more romantic than a man actually making a full on effort to try to get back someone he loves? I don't think so! Annie and Sawyer's relationship was adorable as you can gather. There are some lovely moments between the two of them that had me sighing in happiness. They did have a few obstacles in their path, mostly in the form of Sawyer's crazy old grandmother, the rivalry between their two families and Annie being offered a lucrative job in another town, but they were written in a non-dramtic way in my opinion.

The two things I unfortunately struggled with in Last First Kiss, was their reason for breaking up in the first place and Annie afraid of being honest in her blog posts about what it's like to be a single mom. I personally thought the reasons for them going separate ways in high school was so silly and could have easily been avoided had they communicated with each other. They were teenagers though, so I'm giving them a pass. And like I said, I didn't really get Annie's fears of not wanting to express the struggles of being a single mom to her readers. That being said, none of those things detracted from my enjoyment of the book. I still enjoyed the light and fluffy romance and I'm looking forward to read more from the series so I can meet the other Kane brothers! Edie, a coffee shop owner that Annie befriends in this book and Sawyer's brother, Archer's story is next and I can't wait to read it!

Last First Kiss was a delightful romance novel that I recommend to readers looking for a quick and fluffy love story!

Rating 

Cover : 4/5
Plot : 3/5
Characters : 4/5
Writing : 4/5

**Overall Rating : 3.5/5**


Thank you to Edelweiss and Avon Impulse for the e-ARC of Last First Kiss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)