Nick's Random Gibberish (25) : Burn, Rewrite or Reread Tag

Nick's Random Gibberish is a weekly post here at Nick's Book Blog where I, Nick, will talk about random topics from personal posts to discussion posts.

Hi everyone!

Today I'm going to be doing the Burn, Rewrite or Reread Tag. Thanks to Danielle at Love at First Page for tagging me to do this.

Image Source - Image Source - Image Source

The gist of this tag is to use a random number generator to pick 3 books from your bookshelf and then decide which ones you're going to burn, rewrite or reread tag, which actually isn't as easy as it sounds because really, who ever wants to burn a book?! Because I wanted to torture myself, I decided to do to in 3 rounds. In the 1st round, I selected books from my "read" shelf on GR. In the 2nd round, I selected books from my "June 2015 read" shelf and for the last round from my "2015 favorites" shelf.

Anyways, here we go!


First Round (From My "Read" Shelf)


Burn: Forget You by Jennfier Echols
This is totally by elimination. I don't recall much about this book because I read it so long ago, so I'm burning it. Sorry, book! :(

Rewrite: Gated by Amy Christine Parker
For the most part I really enjoyed this book, but I would rewrite it to spice up the romance in it. I remember not really caring for it in when I read it. Other than the romance though, this book was pretty awesome.

Reread: Unspoken by Jen Frederick
I actually really want to reread this book! It's one of my all-time favorite NA books. I mostly want to reread it because of Bo, one of the main characters, who is one of my book boyfriends. Seriously, this guy was so swoony! Just talking about him is making me giddy with excitement to go read this one again.

Second Round (From "June 2015 Read" Shelf)


Burn: Rules of Seduction by Joya Ryan
I've quite liked Joya Ryan's books in the past, but this one had a little bit of BDSM in it. Also, the hero doesn't tell the girl who he really is because she wants to be blindfolded. So I ended up not particularly caring for it although the sexy times were steamy. It's not really for me, so I'm choosing to burn this one.

Rewrite: Hidden Huntress by Danielle L. Jensen
I really liked this book and this series in general, but I would choose to re-write this one and probably make it a little shorter because Hidden Huntress was seriously long. It felt like it dragged a little bit at times.

Reread: Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens
I read this one as soon as it went up on EW and loved it!! Courtney C. Stevens writes some of the best YA contemporary books out there. They are raw, emotional and honest. I'm already ready to re-read it!

Third Round (From "2015 Favorites" Shelf)


Burn: The Shattered Court by M.J Scott
I really really hate myself right now for choosing my 2015 Favorites shelf because how can I burn any book that was my favorite?!! This choice is completely by process of elimination. I'm so sorry, book! :(

Rewrite: The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
I loved this book so much! The only thing I would want to change by re-writing would be to make sure that Echo was broken up with her previous boyfriend before she became emotionally attached to Caius. But other than that, this book was pretty awesome!

Reread: I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
This book will ALWAYS be a favorite of mine. I've reread snippets of my favorite scenes maybe 5 times already. I need to sit down and reread the book start to finish all over again. If you haven't read I'll Meet You There, you are missing out!


Well, that was fun (and also torturous because poor books)! Since I like to torture others when it comes to books as well, I'm tagging the following people and anyone else who thinks this is fun to do this book tag:

Nereyda @ Mostly YA Book Obsessed
Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog
Ali @ My Guilty Obsession


What did you think of some of my choices? If you had to pick books to burn, rewrite or reread from books you read this year so far, what would you pick?

Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)