Review : Make You Remember by Macy Beckett

Summary (from Goodreads) 

Title : Make You Remember (Dumont Bachelors #2)
Author : Macy Beckett

Publication Date : November 4th 2014
Publisher : Signet
Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble

He's about to make his own luck.

Ten years ago, Beau Dumont made the biggest mistake of his life by letting his high school sweetheart, Devyn Mauvais, slip through his fingers. Now the reformed bad boy will stop at nothing to get her back. Even if it means tricking her into taking a job on his family's riverboat, The Belle of the Bayou.

When Devyn's old flame offers her a stint at the boat's day care center, she sees it as a chance to prove she isn’t just the descendant of Louisiana's most infamous voodoo queen. Besides, it beats leading ghost tours around New Orleans. Yet when it comes to Beau, Devyn's all business. She won't give the sweet-talking playboy another chance to break her heart.

But there's no escaping temptation in such close quarters, and Beau won't be satisfied with a few hot nights with the girl he's always loved. As he strives to make Devyn remember the good times, will his passion and heart be enough to regain her trust?


Personal Thoughts 

I don't exactly know what made me pick up Make You Remember by Macy Beckett. I was in the mood for a light, fluffy and romantic read and thought this looked like a decent choice. This book was so great, you guys! I think I've found a new favorite contemporary romance author who I can list right next to Lisa Kleypas!

Make You Remember had one of my favorite kind of romance : second chance romance. I love the idea of the two people falling apart due to being very young and then reconnecting again in their later years. There are plenty of emotions and feels about and gets me in a swoony mood. Make You Remember's second chance romance was done really well, in my opinion and I believe it's because of how great both Beau and Devyn were as characters. Devyn was a girl after my heart with her sassy nature and her feisty attitude. She strived to be independent and hated having to rely on other people. I loved how no matter what the situation was or how much she really needed help, she still attempted to do everything she could in order to make herself stand up on her own feet. We need more women like Devyn in the world and she's definitely someone I aspire to be like in the future. Of course, I also have selfish reasons for wanting to be her : I WANT A BEAU DUMONT FOR MYSELF! Damn, this man! He was all kinds of perfect and made me swoon with how gentlemanly he was. Can you tell that I'm a little bit obsessed with him? Yeah, well, if you read this book, you will want him all for yourself as well, so I'm already warning you ladies that he belongs to me Devyn.

What makes the romance pretty amazing in Make You Remember isn't just the searing chemistry that Devyn and Beau shared. Sure, they had a lot of that and that ensures that we have plenty of steamy scenes between them that doesn't necessarily involve sex, but it's how they worked together towards their relationship. Devyn was wary at the beginning of the book because she was scared to have her heart broken from the same guy who had left her after he promised he wouldn't after high school, but she and Beau worked as a team to achieve a stable relationship. I appreciated the fact that Beau really tried to make amends for what he did to her. I also loved that there was no unnecessary drama that acted as a huge obstacle to their relationship and that dragged for half the book, that is so typical of contemporary romances. I also absolutely loved the setting of the cruise boat. It was fun being able to vicariously go on a cruise because you can't pay me to set foot on a boat for days! The secondary cast was also really interesting. I loved the bond between Devyn and her sister and I definitely want to read the first book in the series which features of Devyn's sister and Beau's older brother!

If you are in the mood for a light and romantic read that features great lead characters, humor and a swoony romance that will make you sigh in happiness, you should definitely try Make You Remember! I highly recommend it.

Rating 

Cover : 4/5
Plot : 4/5
Characters : 4/5
Writing : 4/5


Thank you to NetGalley and Penguin for the e-ARC of Make You Remember.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)