Monthly Recap : February 2015



Hey everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Februrary! Can you believe it's already March tomorrow? Crazy huh?
I had a pretty decent month and I read some amazing books this month. This last week though was hellish. I caught a nasty cold and I was so lethargic. I read basically nothing and didn't feel like blogging much either. I'm better now though and I'm planning on doing a mini read-a-thon this weekend to catch up on all the books.

Anyways, here's my recap for this month!

Number of books read
21
You can see a list of all the books I read this past month here.

Highest rating 
5 Stars (I rated 3 books 5 stars this month!)
Claimed by Sarah Fine 
The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
The Deal by Elle Kennedy

These 3 books were amazing! I loved them so much. I expected Claimed to be amazing, but Sarah Fine absolutely blew me away. You can read my review here. Then, I buddy read The Summer of Chasing Mermaids with Danielle and Jasprit, and it was so good! It's so heart-felt and it's definitely my favorite Sarah Ockler book. Expect a buddy review for this book closer to the release date. This week I also picked up The Deal which has been getting some amazing reviews and I was so hooked to the book! It was so much fun and Garrett! *SWOON*
Lowest rating
DNF


I DNFed one book this month and it made me so sad because I had been dying to read it for months, but unfortunately the author separated the couple for too long and I was just so bored. I had to DNF it.

Books reviewed 

My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga (5 Stars)
The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons (5 Stars)
The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall (3.5 Stars)
The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy by Julia Quinn (4 Stars)
How (Not) To Fall in Love by Lisa Brown Roberts (3 Stars)
Rebellion by Stephanie Diaz (4 Stars)
The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury (3 Stars)
Hero by Samantha Young (4 Stars)
Collide by Melissa West (3.5 Stars)
The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace (5 Stars)
Claimed by Sarah Fine (5 Stars)
Some Fine Day by Kat Ross (3.5 Stars)
Captive by Brighton Walsh (4 Stars)
Liars Inc. by Paula Stokes (4 Stars)

Best read of the month

The Summer of Chasing Mermaids for sure. This book just broke my heart in the best way possible. The gorgeous prose, the complex characters and the swoony romance was so perfect. This book just made me feel all the feels!

Book which surprised me the most

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

This book was just so perfect and adorable! I tend to avoid LGBTQ books because they tend to be so stereotypical, but this book took me by surprise because their queerness wasn't the root of all their problems. This was so much more than a "coming-out" story. I loved that the author made it all seem so normal. Plus, it wasn't angsty as so many LGBTQ books normally are. Thanks to Danielle to pushing this one on me!

Fictional crush of the month

Garrett from The Deal!! I loved this guy so much! He knows how to respect women even though he's a bit of a playboy. Oh and, he ALWAYS puts his woman's pleasure before his! I love this charming, cocky bastard! ;)

Three books I'm looking forward to reading next month


Exciting blogging moments

- I won a giveaway for Velvet by Temple West on Twitter!
- The #Loveathon was absolutely delightful and I loved how much love was present in the community. I wasn't officially present for it, but I participated in the chats and met some great new friends.
- I got some unsolicited review copies from a publisher that I actually loved!
- The lovely Liz Czukas mentioned on Twitter that my review for When Joss Met Matt made her day!


Bookish photo 




The absolutely wonderful Danielle from Love at First Page made my whole year when she sent me a package featuring the top 3 books! I squealed and may have wept in joy because OMG those are some of my most anticipated reads this year!

Also, my pre-order of I'll Meet You There arrived along with swag + a Josh letter from Heather Demetrios. The letter was everything that I had hoped for and more!!

How about you guys? How was your month? Anything exciting or fun happen to you too?
Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)