Review : The One That I Want by Jennifer Echols

Summary (from Goodreads)

Gemma can’t believe her luck when the star football player starts flirting with her. Max is totally swoon-worthy, and even gets her quirky sense of humor. So when he asks out her so-called best friend Addison, Gemma’s heartbroken. 

Then Addison pressures Gemma to join the date with one of Max’s friends. But the more time they all spend together, the harder Gemma falls for Max. She can’t help thinking that Max likes her back—it’s just too bad he’s already dating Addison. How can Gemma get the guy she wants without going after her best friend’s boyfriend?

Personal Thoughts

I read this book in a very short period of time and well most of that time I was pretty much bored.
I loved Jennifer Echol's Going Too Far and I liked Forget You but the last two books I read of her, Love Story and The One I Want, were disappointing.

Gemma was the kind of character I really could not connect with. She was so frustrating and I simply did not understand her.
She hates Addison, yet she's best friends with her just for the sake of having a best friend. 
And then going out with Carter although she clearly knew that she did not even like him. These are some of the things that had me pretty perplexed.

Max is the love interest in the book and well he was an OK character. He was also pretty messed up in certain scenes but I tried to ignore that.
His parents were pretty awesome though.

Now onto Addison. Gosh, I hated her. She was so jealous of Gemma and she was constantly using her. I would never wish to have such a best friend !
The best parts in this book was definitely the majorette scenes. That was interesting and engaging to read. The book would have been a winner for me if the plot was entirely based on the majorette theme.

Overall, I did not enjoy this book very much. 
I recommend it to those who liked books such as Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti.


Rating

Cover : 3/5
Plot : 2/5
Characters : 2/5
Writing : 2/5






Comments

  1. I began reading My blood Aprooves and the main female character was just like that! With the best friend and stuff...

    Lovely Banner ;;)

    Kudos To Leah =D

    Here from Book Blogs :D

    Rallu @ The Daydreamer's Book Obsession

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)