Review : Lola And The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Summary (from Goodreads)

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

Personal Thoughts

I adore Lola and the boy next door. 
I have to admit I was pretty worried about how the book would turn out. I wondered how Stephanie Perkins would write another great book, but she DID it !

Lola and the boy next door was a non-stop roller-coaster of emotions. It was a very cute read.

Lola is a creative, flawed and insane girl. She does what she wants (good things of course) and she doesn't care about what others think of her. She loves dressing up and I believe she is very unique. 
She is dating Max, who initially seemed like a great guy but who later turns out to be a douchebag ! She makes some crappy decisions in the book , but I still loved her. Her flaws made me love her more.

Cricket Bell is the nerdy, good-looking guy who apparently knows how to dress up.  ;)
He was an interesting character to read about but I wished there were more scenes with him. 

Lola's gay parents are epic ! It's good to finally see a book where parents are heavily involved with their kids. Lola's parents are there for her, get mad at her and give her good advice. 

I also loved reading about Nora, Lola's birth mom. Their relationship is quite rocky at the beginning but it eventually blossoms into friendship.

The relationship between Lola and Cricket is very swoon-worthy. The romance is wonderfully crafted and it leaves you wanting for more Lola and Cricket moments. Those two had me smiling because it was so obvious that they truly honestly cared about each other.

Stephanie Perkins has done it again. She has a created a beautiful story with strong characters.

Once again, I loved it !

I recommend it to fans of contemporary romance.

Rating

Cover : 5/5
Plot : 5/5
Characters : 5/5
Writing : 5/5








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)