Review : Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout

Summary (from Goodreads)

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. 

And then he opened his mouth. 

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me. 

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

Personal Thoughts

Before it's official release, I had read so many great reviews about Obsidian that I knew that it was imperative that I grab a copy of it.
Plus, I'm a huge fan of Jennifer L Armentrout's Half-Blood, so I knew I had to read it.

I have to say, the book does live up to its hype although I preferred Half-Blood a whole lot more. I read it in a night because the plot was that good.

The main character Katy is witty, smart and stands up for herself when Daemon annoys the heck out of her.  She is also someone very strong and a free-thinking person. 
It was very easy to connect with Katy because of this.

Daemon was an ass. Yes, he was. He's pretty much rude, mean and is always pestering Katy. Don't hate me for this but I didn't really like him at first. In fact, he kind of grew on my nerves. (Unlike Aiden)
However, as soon as realised why he was being rude to Katy all the time he sort of grew on him and I started to really like him.
Hopefully, he'll be a lot better in the next book.

Although I did not really like Daemon, Katy and him had great chemistry. At times, their banter was cute. Some scenes were pretty swoon-worthy.

I have to admit the plot for the book is unique. I've never actually read a YA book based on aliens.
Jennifer L Armentrout is a genius at creating new unique stories.

She also has a great writing style. She makes you want to read more and more and to never stop reading. 

Obsidian is an enjoyable read and I'll definitely read Onyx when it's released.


Rating

Cover : 4/5
Plot : 5/5
Characters : 4/5
Writing : 5/5










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)