Review : Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Summary (from Goodreads)

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?


Personal Thoughts

I really enjoyed reading this book. It had everything that I need in a book. I admit that the ending is quite predictable, but nevertheless, it was a fun read.
Stephanie Perkins does a great job at keeping the reader interested throughout the book. 

Anna is a strong, courageous, caring, independent character. I especially liked the fact that she was someone pretty easy to relate to. Throughout the whole book I was rooting for her!

Etienne St Clair ... **Sigh sigh sigh
He is so totally cute. I wish I could go to France and find him. He is a love interest who is actually nice and he truly cares for Anna.

One other thing I loved about this book is the nature of the romance between the two main characters. Anna and Etienne actually have a healthy normal relationship. First and foremost, Anna and St Clair are good friends. Over the school year, their friendship blossoms into something special. I loved loved loved the fact that their friendship grew by the day.

Anna and Etienne are not perfect. Both characters were flawed and these flaws made them truly beautiful characters.
It was enjoyable to see these two characters grow and become more mature.

The secondary characters are also as awesome as Anna and Etienne. I especially liked Rashmi. 

The description of Paris is vivid and beautiful.

Overall, Anna And The French Kiss is a winner and I recommend it to everyone!

Rating

Cover : 5/5
Plot : 5/5
Characters : 5/5
Writing : 5/5













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)