Review : Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Summary (from Goodreads)

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though - she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team... and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate.

Personal Thoughts

Catching Jordan was a light and fluffy read. Many people have compared it to Anna and The French Kiss and I honestly thought I would love it, but I did not develop a book crush.

Jordan is the quarterback at her high school, so she is a little tom boyish.
She hangs out all the time with the guys on her team and her friendship with them was very cute. However, she did not have any girl friends. That bothered me a little bit. The guys on her team respect her and consider her an equal. I loved that.

Sam or Henry is supposedly the guy who has a crush on her since forever ! Everyone except Jordan knew !
He was an OK character I guess. He did not fascinate me or anything though.

One other thing that bothered me was the sleeping in the same bed with my best boy friend thing. I don't know how her parents could allow that, even if Sam was JUST a friend!

Ty is the new guy on the team. He's also new to town and Jordan immediately falls for him and so does he. They start to date and all but Jordan is finally told that Sam has had a crush on her since forever and well so she decided she liked Sam more than just a friend. I didn't really feel anything for Ty except maybe I found him a tad bit disturbing. He had a really negative vibe to him that I can't really pinpoint.

Anyways, I liked the whole football theme and the author explored it well.

Overall, Catching Jordan is a not bad read, but it could have been a lot better. I enjoyed the author's writing and I will read the other companion books.

Rating

Cover : 4/5
Plot : 3/5
Characters : 3/5
Writing : 4/5






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)