Review : Chaos by Sarah Fine

Summary (from Goodreads) 

Title : Chaos (Guards of Shadowland #3)
Author : Sarah Fine

Publication Date : October 7th 2014
Publisher : Amazon Children's Publishing
Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble

With Juri in control and everything in absolute chaos, Lela plunges into the depths of hell to free Malachi from creatures that have waited decades to exact their revenge. But the Judge has her own way of doing things, and Lela must work with Ana, the new Captain, who has a very personal mission of her own. Together, they infiltrate the most horrifying realm either has yet encountered in the Shadowlands—the bitter landscape ruled by the Mazikin.

The stakes could not be higher, and Lela must accept the help—and love—of people she barely knows or trusts. As alliances and loyalties shift and she realizes the soul she came to save isn’t the only one in need of rescue, can Lela summon the strength to see the fight through to the very end?


Personal Thoughts 

Chaos was such an amazing conclusion to The Guards of Shadowlands series. I know everyone is probably fed up with my constant praising of this series, but honestly, it's a series that truly does deserve to be read by many more readers. For me, it's one of my favorite series and one that I will not hesitate to go back to in the near future.

The ending of Fractured nearly killed me, so I was glad to already have Chaos in hand. This final installment takes Lela to the Mazikin city and if you thought the world building in the first book was dark and depressing, wait until you read this one. The Mazikin city was a scary scary place. Multiple times throughout the book, I would get goosebumps because of how absolutely terrifying it was. The great thing about Sarah Fine's writing is that she has a way of making you feel like you are part of the story. It's incredibly vivid, so you can imagine what state I was in throughout the book when I was basically experiencing the Mazkin city develop right in front of my eyes. It was definitely a haunting experience. Chaos also had non-stop action, which you know I love in my books. There were many plot twists and revelations that I thought were predictable and at the end, I liked how everything really tied together. I was left rather breathless at the end because of how brutal and intense Chaos was. The writing was as, I have come to expect of Sarah Fine, first class. She has a very unique prose that tends to stick with you days after you have finished the book.

The characters too, continued to grow stronger. Lela, especially, has rocketed to the top of my favorite heroines list. I've loved this girl since the first book, but in this final book, I was in complete awe of her. She truly has grown over the course of this series and I was just amazed by how she was the epitome of a strong and badass heroine. She is the sort of heroine I wish all YA fantasy books would have. Then of course there is Malachi who continued to shine and warm my heart up. The number of times I swooned over him in this book is quite ridiculous for a grown woman like me, but Malachi does unexplainable things to me. The romance in Chaos was so endearing. There were many moments where I worried that they wouldn't make it or that the Mazikin city would break them apart, but I absolutely love how Sarah Fine proved me wrong. Lela and Malachi worked through their obstacles hand in hand and that was just beautiful. It was also exciting to see some of the secondary characters from the first book, like Ana, make a comeback in this book.

I have read every book by Sarah Fine so far and she has yet to disappoint me. She is one of the most talented authors in the YA world and Chaos and this series in general just goes to prove that. I'm sad that my adventures with Lela and Malachi are over, but I'm also thrilled that Sarah Fine gave them the kind of ending that they wholeheartedly deserve.

Rating 

Cover : 4/5
Plot : 5/5
Characters : 5/5
Writing : 5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)