Mini-Review : Until You Find Me by Amber Hart

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title : Until You Find Me (Until You Find Me #1)
Author : Amber Hart

Publication Date : November 11th 2014
Publisher : Random House Flirt
Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble

In this steamy, electrifying novel, Amber Hart pushes contemporary romance to its wildest limits as a young woman travels halfway across the globe—and discovers the place where her heart belongs.

Raven has no idea what to expect when she travels to Africa in search of answers about her family’s past. A twenty-year-old college student from Michigan, she’s never seen anything like the beautiful, treacherous jungles of Cameroon. But nothing takes her breath away like Jospin. As soon as Raven meets the charismatic and intense young hunter, she’s instantly hooked.

Clever, rugged, and fearless, Jospin makes his living from the perils of the jungle. But falling in love with Raven could be the most dangerous thing he’s ever done. The heir to a powerful poaching empire, he holds the key to unlocking the secrets of Raven’s legacy. If she asks the wrong questions, his answers could get them both killed. And yet each and every moment spent holding Raven in his arms is worth the risk.

Raven’s getting closer to the truth. Jospin’s at the point of no return. Their chemistry is out of control, and when they forge a bond that goes beyond blood, desire will take them into uncharted territory.


Personal Thoughts 

When I discovered that Until You Find Me would be set in Africa, I was thrilled because most of us are always on the look-out for more diversity in books. Then the cover came out and I knew I was going to read it because it had an interracial couple in it. While I enjoyed Until You Find Me overall, there were some elements that I wish had been more developed. For one, the characters. We do get to know the two main characters in the book quite a bit, but part of me wanted more. I wanted to be able to form a more emotional connection with them which never really happened. I never understood their motivations which ended up hindering my enjoyment of the book. Secondly, the romance. Because of my inability to connect with the characters, I was also unable to connect with the romance in any way. It was a little too fast for my liking, felt a little too lusty and the secret-keeping, more on Jospin's side, was a little infuriating. It's one of those things I have a hard time tolerating in books. What I did love in the book was the implementation of the gorillas. I actually loved the gorilla scenes more than the romance and part of me felt like the gorillas needed more spotlight on them. I would honestly have loved to have more scenes between Raven and this one specific gorilla because they were very emotional. However, that part of the plot got rather drowned by the romance. The book also ended in a cliffhanger. It wasn't horrible, but I felt like whatever the author wants to explore in the next book could have been done through this book, especially because it's short. Nevertheless, Amber Hart has a very intense writing style that grips you from the very start and I'll most definitely be reading the next book.

Rating

Cover : 3/5
Plot : 3/5
Characters : 3/5
Writing : 4/5




Thank you to NetGalley and Flirt for the e-ARC of Until You Find Me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)