Review : Addicted After All by Becca & Krista Ritchie

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title : Addicted After All (Addicted #1)
Author : Becca & Krista Ritchie

Publication Date : October 31st 2014
Publisher : Self-Published
Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble

Two addicts. One epic love story.

Prepare for the worst.

That’s what Lily and Lo try to do when Jonathan Hale schedules an “important” meeting. The problem: after being swept into the public eye and battling their addictions, they’re not sure what the worst is anymore.

In a sea of many changes—including Ryke & Daisy living with them—Lily realizes that the best part of her fluctuating hormones might just be the worst.

Her sex drive is out of control.

Loren knows that she’s insatiable, but he’s not giving up on her. She’s too much a part of him. And as he carries more and more responsibility, some of the people that he loves doubt his resolve.

In the conclusion to their love story, Lily & Lo stand side-by-side to fight, one last time, for their happily ever after.



Personal Thoughts 

I'm filled with overwhelming sadness as I write this review because this is the end of the POV of two of my favorite new adult characters, Lily and Loren. These two kids are like my babies and having to let them go is incredibly hard. Regardless of my feelings of regret, Becca and Krista Ritchie gave Lily and Loren the perfect ending they deserved with Addicted After All.

I have always said that the strongest point in this series has been the characterizations. These are characters who started out as flawed but have eventually grown throughout the series. I felt pride at all that Lily and Loren had overcome and how brave they had become despite constantly being criticized as they were in the public eye. Lily, especially, impressed me with her resilience and the solid backbone that she has grown throughout. I remember how she was this naive, and completely shy character, who did not know how to voice out her opinions, at the beginning of Addicted to You. Here, she had changed so much, for the better of course. There were several scenes involving Lily where I was cheering on her and I was applauding her behavior. Of course, she was still all adorable and shy, but not because she was weak because that was who Lily was at the core. Loren Hale also continued to amaze me. I sure do want a Loren Hale in my life (without all the previous baggage). He was protective of the ones he loved, a perfect gentleman and all kinds of swoony. Loren too underwent some significant growth in this series and I loved how much better he was at the end. Together, Lily and Loren made the perfect couple. I loved how caring they were of each other and how they would support each other no matter what the situation was.

The Addicted series also has a perfect secondary cast who play as important of a role as do Lily and Loren. I'm amazed by how well these two lovely authors were able to flesh out all of these characters and make them pivotal to the book. I love their dynamics and love how close they are. At the end of the day, these relationships are what makes this series one of my favorite NA one. Of course, Becca and Krista also put the readers through an emotional roller coaster. I was either constantly sobbing (and complaining about it to Siiri) or shrieking in happiness. I swear, this series brings out the weirdest reactions from me. You don't want to be close to me while I'm reading these.  Also, I loved how Lily shipped my boy man (beautiful sexy man), Ryke, with Daisy. She was so adorable with how much she wanted them together. I want to write about all my favorite scenes in this book, but there are way too many and I would probably wind up writing a 5000 words essay on it, which I don't want to. Just know that for me, Addicted After All was a brilliant conclusion with lots of feels and it allowed me to bond even further with my blogging bff, Siiri.

Isn't it the worst feeling when you have to say goodbye to your favorite characters? I'm upset and happy at the same time and it's a weird feeling. I'm sad that I will probably never get to read new material from Lily and Lo's POV, but I'm ecstatic that they got the HEA they clearly deserved. This is by far one of the most superior NA series. READ IT! And Becca & Krista :


Rating

Cover : 4/5
Plot : 5/5
Characters : 5/5
Writing : 5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)