Review : My Love Lies Bleeding by Alyxandra Harvey

Summary (from Goodreads)

The Blakes are rather different to your usual neighbours. They are vampires and some of the members of the family date back to the twelfth century. One of the children, Solange, is the only born female vampire known and, as such, she poses a direct threat to the vampire queen. Her best friend Lucy is human, and when Solange is kidnapped Lucy and Solange's brother, Nicholas, set out to save her. Lucy soon discovers that she would like to be more than just friends with Nicholas. But how does one go about dating a vampire? Meanwhile, Solange finds an unlikely ally in Kieran, a vampire slayer on the hunt for his father's killer.

Personal Thoughts

This book has really high ratings on Goodreads and I decided that I definitely needed to read it.
I haven't read a Vampire Book since a very long time and I don't regret picking up this first book in the Drake Chronicles.
The whole mythology behind the book was fresh and original. The plot was adventurous , fast-paced and completely enthralling. 

The book is told in the point of views of Lucy, Solange and Nicholas.

I enjoyed Solange. She was easy to relate to.
She is very very devoted to her human best friend Lucy. I  liked the fact that she was ready to do anything for her friend.
She also undeniably loves her 7 brothers (Yes, seven hotties!).
I loved that she wanted to protect them as much as they wanted to protect her.
She was someone very engaging and kind.
Her romance with Kieran was pretty unexpected. It was really sweet. Kieran was definitely one of my favorite characters.

Now onto Lucy. Lucy was sarcastic, sassy and bossy.
To be honest, I didn't enjoy her character as much as I did Solange's. Don't get me wrong, she wasn't bad ,but at times I found her sarcasm excessive. In fact, she was teensy bit annoying.

Lucy has a relationship with Nicholas, one of Solange's brothers. He was as sarcastic as Lucy.
They made a perfect couple and they had great chemistry!
Their romance was very intense and cute. They were the kind of couple who always bicker.

Alyxandra Harvey is a great writer. She writes very smoothly and kept me on the edge. I must say I truly enjoyed reading this book. I didn't love the book as much as I wanted to and I'll probably wait a little before reading the next books in this series.

Overall, this is one great book and I recommend it to fans of YA paranormal books!

Rating

Cover : 3/5
Characters : 4/5
Plot : 5/5
Writing: 4/5




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)