Review : Existence by Abby Glines


Summary (from Goodreads)


Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.

Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.

He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.


Personal Thoughts


I grabbed this book for the simple reason that the cover is gorgeous.
I ended up being really disappointed.


I admit the book had huge potential, but I think the author did not do much with it.

The characters are extremely boring and I could not connect with the main character, Pagan.
She was okay at first, but then the whole depression thing got on my nerve.
She falls in love with the guy and they basically know nothing about each other.

Even the love interest was a pain and we don't exactly get to know him a lot throughout the book.

The book has no plot whatsoever according to me.
Even the romance did not do it for me.

Half the time Darth is singing to Pagan in her bedroom and the rest of the time he's missing and Pagan is acting all depressive.

The writing itself is not so bad, but the characters ruined the whole story.

I had really high hopes for this book but I think I was being misled by the gorgeous eyes on the cover.

Overall, the book does not live up to its hype and I will not be picking up the sequel, if there is any.


Rating


Cover : 4/5
Plot : 2/5
Characters : 1/5
Writing : 3/5











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)