Review : Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday


Summary (from Goodreads)

Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he's pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren't enough, now he's depending on Hartley to clear his name. Seriously? Not cool.

But as much as Hartley wouldn't mind seeing him squirm, she knows he's innocent, and she's the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school's resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer's next victim.

Personal Thoughts

A fun, exciting book with a mystery. If you asked me to describe this book in a short sentence this is what I would have told you. 

I really did enjoy reading this book and I'm glad I got to read it.

Hartley is one hell of a main character. She is very easy to connect with and she is one of the best female characters I have ever read about. Strong, funny and caring, Hartley is a character who forms her own opinions. I especially liked the fact that even though her boyfriend cheats on her, she decides to help prove him innocent. 
She has a Nancy Drew vibe to her but of course she's a lot funnier.
To say simply I love Hartley ! You go girl !

Now onto Chase. Mmmmm!
First off, he is totally cute even with the whole bad boy attitude.
I would compare him to Archer from Hex Hall and well I absolutely love Archer.
He and Hartley have some very humorous moments and it was seriously very enjoying to read.
  
Sam is Hartley's best friend. I hate how some novels portray the main character's best friend as someone clingy , who is overexcited and is simply annoying. However, Sam is the total opposite of those kind of best friends. She is there for Hartley whenever she needs her and helps her out.

The whole plot is very intriguing and entertaining. I haven't read a teen mystery detective novel since Nancy Drew and I was pretty excited to read this one.
It was not deep or anything but it was still a very enjoyable plot.

Gemma Halliday is a great writer. After reading Deadly Cool I dashed to read the rest of her books. They are as good as Deadly Cool.

Overall, Deadly Cool is a light, fun and witty book and I look forward to reading more stuff from this author. In fact, I would say Deadly Cool was Deadly Cool :)

Rating

Cover : 5/5
Characters : 5/5
Plot : 5/5
Writing : 5/5






  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)