Review : Make Me by Tessa Bailey

Summary (from Goodreads) 

Title : Make Me (Broke & Beautiful #3)
Author : Tessa Bailey
Publication Date :  August 11th 2015
Publisher : Avon Impulse

Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble

Construction worker Russell Hart has been head-over-work boots for Abby Sullivan since the moment he laid eyes on her. But he knows a classy, uptown virgin like her could never be truly happy with a rough, blue-collar guy like him. If only she'd stop treating him like her personal hero—a role he craves more than oxygen—maybe he could accept it.

With the future of her family's hedge fund on her shoulders, Abby barely has time to sleep, let alone find love. And her best friend Russell acting like a sexy, overprotective hulk any time their Super Group goes out in public definitely isn't helping her single status. But after a near-tragedy lands Russell in her bed for the night, Abby's suddenly fantasizing about what he looks like shirtless. Chest hair and tattoos—who knew?

As Russell struggles to keep Abby at a safe distance, she begins to see through his tough-talking exterior—and acknowledge her own feelings. Now she's ready to turn the friend-zone into foreplay…and make him lose control.
  


Personal Thoughts


Tessa Bailey's books never fail to be fun and sexy. Both previous books in this series, Chase Me and Need Me, were entertaining books that I was able to read in a single sitting. Together with the fact that one of my favorite characters in the series was going to be a protagonist in this one, I was dying to get my hands on Make Me. I'm excited that this was my favorite book in the series.

I fell in love with Russell in the previous books. Unlike Louis and Ben, he was more rough around the edges, a man who knew how to use his hands to get a job done since he was a construction worker. He was certainly different from Louis and Ben who were a lawyer and a college professor respectively, but I think that's what really appealed to me about him. Add to the fact that Russell was a big, supportive knight-in-shining-armor, I was pretty much head over heels in love with the man. I love that we finally got to know Russell better in this one. He was hard working and was the kind of man who pushed hard to get what he wanted. Oh and he reads historical romance novels about Dukes and their virgin brides so he can get tips on how to make sexy times less painful for his lady love, Abby! Try not to swoon at that! Abby was a character that I really liked too. I struggled a bit with Roxy and Honey in the previous books, but Abby was my kind of girl. She was devoted, passionate and loyal to her family business, which I thought was very admirable. Abby was also not afraid to voice out what she wanted. I loved that even though she was a virgin, she was confident about what she wanted out of a sexual relationship. She wasn't one of those virginal main characters who seemed to have no idea what sex entailed and who were intimidated by penises.  There are way too many of those in NA sadly.

The romance between Russell and Abby was really sweet too. They started off as friends who were attracted to each other. Watching their relationship unfold was a lot of fun as two of the gave into their attraction. There were times when I wanted to smack Russell on the head for being frustrating. He got it into his head that because they came from different backgrounds that Abby deserved someone better than him, and that irritated him, but I was glad that he had Louis and Ben to shift him to the right path. When they did finally give in to the fact that they loved each other, the relationship between Abby and Russell was not only adorable, but also very sexy to the point that you need a bucket of ice next to you while reading, as expected from a Tessa Bailey book. I will have to say that for a Tessa Bailey book, Make Me was a bit tame, but I think it worked well since the book is rather short and having too much sexy times would have taken away from the sweeter moments. Besides the romance, I enjoyed the friendship between the gang. They were fun together and I loved getting snippets of the previous couples and seeing them so happy. One of my favorite parts about Make Me was the epilogue! It was so romantic and made my heart so happy. Tessa Bailey needs to write more of these adorable epilogues in the future because they make the book a hundred times better.

Tessa Bailey fans will fall once again for another of her couple in Make Me. The Broke and Beautiful series in general is one that I recommend for those of you looking for a quick, fun, romantic and very sexy NA series. They are especially great if you enjoy palette-cleansers from time to time, like I do, in between heavy books.

Rating 

Cover : 2/5
Plot : 4/5
Characters : 4/5
Writing : 4/5



Thank you to NetGalley and Avon Impulse for the e-ARC of Make Me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)