Nick's Random Gibberish (28) : Disney Princess Book Tag

Nick's Random Gibberish is a weekly post here at Nick's Book Blog where I, Nick, will talk about random topics from personal posts to discussion posts.

Hi everyone!

Today I wanted to do the Disney Princess book tag created by Of Stacks and Cups. I saw this at Danielle at Love at First Page's blog and thought it would be fun to do. I've watched almost every Disney movie made and needless to say I'm a huge fan. It wasn't the easiest finding some of these books, but I had a good time finding them and making the graphics.

Snow White - Name Your Favorite Classic
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte was one of the first classics I read. I fell in love with Jane, her strength and resilience and her lovely romance with Mr. Rochester. I've re-read this book about 10 times now and every single re-read is a different experience.
Cinderella - Name A Book  That Kept You Reading Past Bed Time
Ruthless by Carolyn Lee Adams is my most recent book that I had a hard time putting down. I ended up reading it until about 4 am because I needed to see how the book ended. It was so brilliant! 
Ariel - Name A Book That's About Making Sacrifices and Chasing Dreams
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon is one of my recent reads that has this theme about making sacrifices and chasing ones dreams. The protagonist, Maddy, dreams of visiting the world outside despite being allergic to the world. Despite knowing the risks, she makes a sacrifice and chases after those dreams. P.S I loved this book!
Aurora - Name Your Favorite Classic Romance
Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen ALL THE WAY! Darcy and Lizzie were one of my first favorite OTPs. I loved their hate-to-love romance and how they made each other better people.

Belle - Name A Book With a Smart and Independent Character
Scarlet by A.C Gaughen features one of my favorite female characters in YA historical fiction. Scarlet was smart, independent and badass. I loved her more than I loved any character in that series.
Jasmine - Name A Book With a Character Who Challenged Social Conventions of His or Her World
Grave Mercy by R.L LaFevers most definitely. This whole series has a bunch of assassin nuns in a historical setting, when women were generally forced into marriage and didn't hold in positions of power unless they were born into regal families.
Pocahontas - Name A Book Whose Ending Was A Roller Coaster of Emotions
Storm Siren by Mary Weber had one heck of a roller coaster of an ending. The ending gutted me and I was overwhelmed with so many emotions. I nearly died with that cliffhanger!
Mulan - Name A Book With A Kickass Female Character
Technically, I've read many books with kickass heroines, but my most recent badass heroine is Kate from Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman. You can't help but want to be this girl who wasn't afraid of anything. I loved her!
Tianna - Name A Book With A Hardworking And Self-Made Heroine
Wen from Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine is one hardworking heroine. She works as a nurse and assists her father in medical procedures at the factory.
Rapunzel - Name A Book With An Artist
I had to really wrack my brain for this one, but I remembered that Aurelia from All the Ways to Ruin a Rogue by Sophie Jordan was an artist. She drew caricatures of people especially. 
Merida - Name A Book With A Mother-Daughter Relationship
Darker Days by Jus Accardo has one of my favorite mother-daughter duos. This was a relationship that made me very happy. They were supportive of each other and they played big roles in each others' lives. YA needs more mom-daughter relationships like the one Jessie and her mom had.
Anna & Elsa - Name A Book With A Great Relationship Between Siblings
Dirty Talk by Megan Erickson is one of my most recent reads with amazing relationships between siblings. Not only does the heroine, Ivy, have a strong and supportive relationship with her sister, but so does Brent, the hero, with his brothers. I loved how family-oriented this one was.

Phew! That was fun!
Now I tag the following people (and whoever else wants to) to do the Disney Princess tag on their blogs:

Nereyda @ Mostly YA Book Obsessed (Ultimate Disney fangirl!)
Jessica @ Lovin' Los Libros
Wendy @ Book Scents
Tonya @ Lilybloom Books
Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog
Bieke @ Istyria Book Blog


Tell me about your favorite Disney movie and princess in the comments below. If it's not Belle or Mulan, we can't be friends anymore. (JUST KIDDING!) 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)