Nick's Random Gibberish (29) : 21 Blogger Confessions

Nick's Random Gibberish is a weekly post here at Nick's Book Blog where I, Nick, will talk about random topics from personal posts to discussion posts.

Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a good week. This coming week is my last week home before I head back to university next Sunday. *sad face* I'm going to miss being surrounded by my family. :(

Anyways, today's post was inspired by Nereyda's blogger confessions post. If you haven't read it yet, you should check it out for some honest opinions of certain things within the book community. I started writing down some of the confessions for fun, but the list became long, so I decided to post it. Some of these may seem a little harsh and you may not approve of them, but they are my opinions and this is my blog, so I should be able to post what I want. If you disagree, feel free to comment, letting me know! I won't take offense. :)

So here goes:

#1 I've had to mute a few bloggers on my Twitter because I don't like how much they talk about ARCs and wanting ARCs and won't stop kissing ass to publishers and authors. It's pathetic and comes across as really greedy to me. 

#2 Even though I'm happy with the ARCs I have access to, I still feel ARC envy from time to time.

#3 I dislike it when people randomly name-drop publicists in their tweets, posts etc... It comes across as very tacky and show-offy because it seems like they want the world to know that they are good friends with X or Y publicist. It's great that they want to thank them, but that can be done privately over email. The blogger-publicist relationship used to be very private. I'm not sure why it has changed.

#4 While I may not obsess over my stats like I used to, I still take a look at them from time to time because no matter what, I don't want to be talking to a void. It makes me happy to know that people are reading my content.

#5 I love love love getting comments and I'll feel upset when I don't get my usual amount on some days.

#6 I struggle to fit in this community sometimes. I don't have the time (or the desire) to be active on Twitter and fangirl with everyone and sometimes I feel that I'm missing out on a huge audience because of that. That being said, I'm happy for the few great friends I've made.

#7 I really really hate when people say that they don't have to time to comment on blogs that they enjoy reading and then whine about not getting comments on their posts.

#8 I wish the book blogging community would go back to the state that it was when I first started blogging. It used to be a much happier place than it is now. I hate the pettiness, the drama, the double standards, the greediness that prevails in this community now.

#9 I firmly believe that the book blogging community is a community that allows popular cherished bloggers to get away with most things while simultaneously shunning smaller bloggers for the same things.

#10 Even though some people say they don't like reading reviews anymore, I still love reading them. I like reading them more than any other post.

#11 I don't read Goodreads reviews from non-friends anymore because they are almost always negative and too snarky for my tastes.

#12 I'm not much of a scheduler. I read whatever I'm in the mood for and I usually write my reviews a few days before I'm supposed to post it.

#13 I don't buy a lot of books because I don't have that big of an income and most of it usually just goes towards my savings or food.

#14 Every time I get a new book, I read the last page first. *cue gasps*

#15 Blogging and reading are the only hobbies I have. I'm a truly boring person in real life.

#16 My real life friends and family (other than my sister) have no idea that I'm such a sucker for romance and that I own a book blog. I'm definitely a closeted romantic.

#17 I really really want to go to a book convention/author event one of these days, mostly for the books and to fangirl over my favorite authors.

#18  I want to meet all the wonderful people in my favorite blogs blogroll, especially Nereyda.

#19 I know I write really long reviews and some of you probably get bored reading them, but I have no clue how to stop making them so long.

#20 My real name is not Nick ... or anything close to Nick.

#21 Even though I'm unhappy with a lot in the book blogging community, there's just something that prevents me from ditching it entirely. It's probably thanks to the lovely people I surround myself with.

What about you? Do you have some scandalous blogger confessions to make? Do you agree/disagree with some of mine?
Be sure to let me know in the comments below!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)