Review : Tessa Ever After by Brighton Walsh

Summary (from Goodreads) 

Title : Tessa Ever After (Caged in Winter #2)
Author : Brighton Walsh

Publication Date : May 5th 2015
Publisher : Berkeley
Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble

In this grippingly emotional New Adult novel from the author of Caged in Winter, what you want isn’t always what you need…

Jason’s been living (and loving) the rich playboy lifestyle for five years, but now his parents are pressuring him to get involved in the family business. The last thing he wants is another obligation, but when his best friend moves out of state and asks Jason to look after his sister, he can’t just say no.

Tessa had to grow up way too soon. After dealing with the aftermath of her parents’ deaths, then becoming a teenage mom, she knows the meaning of responsibility. Which is why, at twenty-two, she’s looking for so much more than a party boy. She’s looking for someone who can stand by her and her daughter…forever.

A relationship between them is doomed from the start, but who says they can’t have a little fun? But as Jason gets closer to Tessa—and her daughter—fun starts to turn into something else… Something Jason’s not sure he’s ready for.
 


Personal Thoughts

Tessa Ever After epitomizes what I want out of every romance novel : a romance to get my heart fluttering and me melting into a puddle of swoon. After reading and falling in love with Brighton Walsh's writing in Captive, I knew that Tessa Ever After and anything else she writes after, would be books I pick up without any hesitation. With Tessa Ever After, she has created another winning novel that has positioned her as one of my top favorite romance authors.

I found Tessa to be an intriguing character in the first, what with her being a teenage mom, and I wanted to know more about her. In Tessa Ever After, we get exactly that. With Cade, Tessa's brother, having left town, Tessa is forced to grow up, in a sense, to take care of her little girl. I like how Brighton Walsh represented Tessa's struggles so realistically. The littlest of things would set her off and I tried to imagine myself in her position and I realized I would probably have reacted in the same way. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Tessa actually handled her situation very bravely. I loved the bond that she had for her daughter too. The love that Tessa had for her really shone through the pages, and Tessa really strove hard to keep her daughter happy and I really admired her for that. Thankfully, Tessa also had Jason to help her out during her mini-crises. Man, I loved Jason so much! Talk about a swoony hero! For me, it was insta-love when it came to Jason. I fell hard for this guy and I just couldn't get enough of him. Also, he has seriously dirty mouth that had me blushing so much throughout the book! Jason, himself, is going through some issues with his family, more specifically, his inability to say no to them, but with the help of Tessa and her daughter, he finally did some growing up.

One of my favorite parts in Tessa Ever After was the sweet moments between Jason and Tessa's daughter. Those moments were so tender and had me sighing in happiness. We got to see a really different shade to Jason's character and it was one that I adored. Of course, I also loved loved loved the romance in Tessa Ever After. Not only did Tessa and Jason have smoldering sexual chemistry, that was capable of setting my e-reader on fire, but they were also the sort of couple that helped each other grow throughout their relationship. They encountered a few obstacles throughout their relationship, because of Cade and because of interfering from Jason's parents, but by the end of the book they were a truly strong couple. I'm glad that Brighton Walsh didn't drag out their separation too much. In fact, I think their separation was important because they needed to make some individual decisions that they wouldn't have been able to make while being in a relationship. Seriously, Tessa and Jason had one of my all-time favorite romances! Add to that Brighton Walsh's amazing writing style. There's just something enchanting about her writing style that sucks you in.

Do you enjoy swoony heroes, strong female characters, fabulous writing and romances that have you sighing in happiness for days? Then, Tessa Ever After is the book you've been waiting for!

Rating
Cover : 4/5
Plot : 4/5
Characters : 5/5
Writing : 5/5

**Overall rating : 4.5/5**


Thank you to NetGalley and Berkeley for the e-ARC of Tessa Ever After.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)