Monthly Recap : May 2015



Hey everyone!

I hope you guys had a wonderful May. This month has been pretty hectic for me. I had so many exams and I had to deal with so many personal issues. Things were certainly crazy! Life is starting to slow down however. This week I have my last final and then I have to move out of my apartment, graduate on Saturday and fly home on Monday. I'm hoping things will be calmer back home. I did have a good reading month and got some exciting new reads that I'm looking forward to reading.

Here's my reading recap for this month!

Number of books read
29
You can see a list of all the books I read this past month here. I got most of these books read during the memorial day readathon last weekend, which really gave me the boost to power read.

Highest rating 
5 Stars (I rated 1 book 5 stars)

Siren's Fury by Mary Weber

I loved this book so much! I thought it was even better than the stunning debut book, Storm Siren and I could not get enough of the author's writing and the story was really great too. I can't wait to read the finale next year!



Lowest rating
1 stars (DNF)
Pucked by Helena Hunting

I enjoyed this author's debut series, but this was such a mess. I was expecting the book to be funny and sexy, but it turned out to be more awkward. And the MC called her vagina a "beaver". (Try to get that image out of your head!)

Books reviewed 

Changing His Game by Megan Erickson (5 Stars)
Lady Thief by A.C Gaughen (5 Stars)
Lion Heart by A.C Gaughen (4.5 Stars)
Until the Beginning by Amy Plum (4.5 Stars)
The Friend Zone by Kristen Callihan (4 Stars)
Tessa Ever After by Brighton Walsh (4 Stars)
Cape Cod Kisses by Bella Andre & Melissa Foster (4 Stars)
World After by Susan Ee (4 Stars)
End of Days by Susan Ee (5 Stars)
5 to 1 by Holly Bodger (4 Stars)
A Matter of Heart by Amy Fellner Dominy (2 Stars)
Immaculate by Katelyn Detweiller (3 Stars)
Tracked by Jenny Martin (3 Stars)
Three Day Summer by Sarvenaz Tash (4 Stars)
Revive by Tracey Martin (3 Stars)
Days Like This by Danielle Ellison (2.5 Stars)
Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry (4 Stars)
Spelled by Betsey Schow (4 Stars)
Deadly Design by Debra Dockter (3 Stars)
Overruled by Emma Chase (4 Stars)

Best read of the month

Definitely Siren's Fury. It's one of my all-time favorite YA sequel.

Book which surprised me the most

Joyride by Anna Banks
This book surprised me by how engaged I was in it. The characters certainly held my attention and I learned quite a bit about the illegal immigrants and smuggling through the book.


Fictional crush of the month


Cal from Dirty Thoughts by Megan Erickson. This man was all gruff and sexiness, but he also had a heart made of gold! He was a total sweetheart for sure. I also loved Linus from Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella because he was loveable and wrote the sweetest notes to Audrey.

Three books I'm looking forward to reading next month


Exciting blogging moments

-My review of Captive by Brighton Walsh was quoted in the companion book, Exposed and this just made my entire year. This is the first time I've been quoted in ANYTHING!
- Another exciting moment for me was posting my quiet YA catalog, which was a HUGE success thanks to some wonderful bloggers.

Bookish photo 




Source

*DROOLS* I want to live here!

How about you guys? How was your month? Anything exciting or fun happen to you too?
Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)