Review : Kiss the Sky by Becca & Krista Ritchie

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title : Kiss the Sky
Authors : Becca & Krista Ritchie
Publication Date : January 24th 2014

Publisher : Self-Published
Goodreads - Amazon

Virgin. Sex addict. Daredevil. Alcoholic. Smartass … Jackass. Her five friends are about to be filmed. Reality TV, be prepared.

Rose Calloway thought she had everything under control. At twenty-three, she’s a Princeton graduate, an Academic Bowl champion, a fashion designer and the daughter of a Fortune 500 mogul. But with a sex addict as a sister and roommate, nothing comes easy.

After accepting help from a producer, Rose agrees to have her life filmed for a reality television show. The Hollywood exec is her last chance to revive her struggling fashion line, and boundaries begin to blur as she’s forced to make nice with a man who always has his way.

Twenty-four-year-old Connor Cobalt is a guy who bulldozes weak men. He’s confident, smart-as-hell and lives with his equally ambitious girlfriend, Rose Calloway. Connor has to find a way to protect Rose without ruining the show. Or else the producer will get what Connor has always wanted—Rose’s virginity. 


Personal Thoughts

Holy hell! This series is going to be the end of me someday. I have become so invested in it. I'm pretty sure I'll be suffering from book and character withdrawal once all the books have been released. I knew even before going into the book that Kiss the Sky was going to be beyond fantastic and I was most definitely right.

The main reason why I'm so invested in this series is character development. I LOVED every single one of the characters in the first two books, but in Kiss the Sky I fell a little more in love with them as I got to know them on an even deeper level. Kiss the Sky focuses mainly on Rose and Connor and their story was so exciting. Rose came across as a stuck-up bitch in the first book, but I still loved how devoted and caring she was towards her younger sisters. In this book, we begin to see why she tries hard to appear as this tough girl. We also get to know why she's still a virgin at 23. Rose is afraid that whoever wants take her virginity just wants to bag it and then leave her, so she's even hesitant to give herself to Connor. Connor, my goodness. That man was a beast! If you've read the first two books, you already know what a perfectionist he is and he likes to top everything. Even in the bedroom ... I honestly, didn't think he would be such a domineering kind of guy, especially when it came to sex, but I thought it fit his character really well. While Rose is afraid of intimacy, Connor him is afraid of the "L-word". He battles with it and almost loses the respect of his friends because of that in Kiss the Sky. Speaking of friends, Lo and Lily, play a big part in this book and they were so cute together. Every single time they would appear in a scene I would be sighing in contentment because they were so adorable together. And of course, I was beyond pleased to see Daisy and Ryke (and his potty mouth of course). Those two. Ugh. They have so much stinking chemistry together. I can't wait for their book! It's going to be explosive!

Kiss the Sky also had an interesting plot. We get to watch the gang film for a reality show and how that affects their privacy and their life in general. I have to say, I would have cracked within two days for filming for something like that. These guys had no privacy and you never knew what was going to air. To have the world privy to your personal life is something that would have made me extremely uncomfortable. The romance in Kiss the Sky was perfect. I loved the relationship that Connor and Rose had. It was drama-free without any of those silly love triangles and misunderstandings due to lack of communication. Connor and Rose talked about their feelings openly and trusted each other deeply. I personally thought that was better than any declaration of love. Their banter together was another favorite part of their relationship. Because this is a book that deals with a 23 year old virgin, there are a few explicit sex scenes. Fair warning, there is soft BDSM in this one, so if that's not your thing, you might want to skip the book. I was a little taken aback by it at first, but like I said, there wasn't anything extreme and eventually I got used to the whole tying up thing. Anyways, apart from the lovely romance, we also had such great character interactions. Connor, Ryke, Lo, Lily, Daisy and Rose might not all be related to one another, but they behaved like a family. I adored watching them just annoy each other and support each other. These are friends who stick through thick and thin and I absolutely loved that. As always, I'm amazed by Becca and Krista's wonderful writing style. They make sure to give life to their characters and that's just a great talent in writing.

Fun, sexy and full of humor, Kiss the Sky is perfect for fans of the Addicted series and for NA fans. I highly recommend this.

Rating

Cover : 4/5
Plot : 4/5
Characters : 5/5
Writing : 5/5


Thank you to Becca & Krista for the e-ARC of Kiss the Sky.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)