Review : Silver Heart by Victoria Green

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title : Silver Heart

Author : Victoria Green
Publication Date : July 25th 2013
Publisher : Self-Published
Goodreads - Amazon


There comes a moment in everyone’s life when they must decide which road leads to personal happiness. For Dylan Silver, this is that moment…

For the past twenty-two-years, Dylan has been living in her parents' carefully crafted world, always putting her own dreams on hold to play the role of a dutiful daughter.

So when her best friend coaxes her into a winter getaway to a mountain cabin, she sees it as a chance to forget about the responsibilities waiting for her at home. At least for a little while.

But then her past catches up to her—in the form of sexy snowboarder, Sawyer Carter.

Six years ago, Dylan bid goodbye to the only boy she ever truly loved. Now he's standing right in front of her, bringing up bittersweet memories and igniting suppressed desires as he dares her to be the person she has always wanted to be.

Dylan and Sawyer’s unexpected meeting is a second chance, but will a girl who doesn't believe in fate and taking risks be able to overcome her fears of losing control and finally embrace the life she desperately wants?

Only one thing is certain: after a week in Whistler, Dylan's world will never be the same.


Personal Thoughts

Silver Heart wasn't a book on my radar until Jessirae @ Words, Pages and Books started live tweeting while she was reading it and well let's just say that her tweets convinced me to add this book to my TBR. Intense, passionate and romantic, Silver Heart was a great New Adult read that had me latched onto my Nook from the very first page.

Dylan was a main character who was easy to sympathize with. She had so much pressure on her what with her parents constantly breathing down her neck, manipulating her to do what they want and that is to go to medical school and marry a boy of their choice. I don't know how Dylan managed to control herself in their presence, but she did whatever she was told. It was slowly killing her on the inside to give in to the demands of her parents instead of pursuing her dreams of becoming a photographer. Thankfully, Dylan had a great best friend in the form of Maddie. Maddie was one of those fiery spirits and supportive best friend every girl should have. I loved her presence in the book and I loved how she pushed Dylan to go for her goals. While Dylan could be a little frustrating because of her refusal to stand up to her parents, she did grow more likeable as the story progressed. With the help of Sawyer, who I'll come back to in a second, she began to really live and come out of the shell her parents had forced her into. I loved watching do things she wouldn't normally do and living life to the fullest. It was very entertaining.

Sawyer! Holy swoon! That should probably be enough to describe this man. He was such an attractive love interest and I was happy that Dylan had him to support her (No, not really. I wanted him for myself and wanted Dylan to get lost in those mountains). He had his fair share of problems what with his traumatic and abusive past, but Dylan had learned to make a life for himself with his career as a competitive snowboarder. I liked how he didn't let his past define his present or his future. He was driven and was willing to sweat to achieve his goal. Plus, he knew how to sweet talk a girl and was a good kisser. I just couldn't resist falling for his charms. The two important main characters in this book were Maddie and Adam, Dylan's older brother. I was intrigued by his character and I want to know about what goes on inside that head of his. I've asked the author if she had any plans for his story, and she mentioned she might if there's demand.

Silver Heart was a romance at heart. And it was exactly what I was looking for. There was so much smoldering sexual tension between Dylan and Sawyer that I just wanted them to get it on as soon as they reunited. You could feel the chemistry between the two even when they were just talking and that's such a hard thing to achieve in books, in my opinion. This was also a friends-turned-lovers story because Sawyer and Dylan had known each other since they were young. Victoria Green also provided the reader with glimpses of how their relationship progressed when they were younger and I adored watching Dylan and Sawyer become close friends. One other thing that I loved about the romance in this book was the lack of overwhelming amounts of drama that I usually find suffocating in NA books. Silver Heart was also the story of Dylan growing up, learning to stand up for herself and going after her dreams. If there was one thing that I would have liked to see a little more in detail, it would have been the confrontation scene between Dylan and her mother. I wanted to see a bit of how she dealt with her parents, but it was only briefly touched upon. The snowy mountains setting was also something I loved in the book. It really went with the atmosphere in the book.

Silver Heart was one New Adult book that I really loved. I loved how the author made it so addictive. Silver Heart was a sexy book with a sizzling romance, great characters and an entertaining plot line. NA fans, this is not a book you want to miss!

Warning : This book contains lots of sex scenes. So, if you are offended by multiple sex scenes, this is not the book for you.

Rating

Cover : 4/5
Plot : 4/5
Characters : 4/5
Writing : 5/5



Quotes

“Do you have any idea how much self-control it took not to touch you?” He continued his barrage of questions and kisses. His words and his lips were wreaking havoc on my body, mind, and heart.

I was capturing life. In turn, I felt alive. My mind and body were fully engaged—I was on fire. Finding subjects, framing shots, snapping away…my heart raced, my skin prickled…it was a thrill like no other.

 Thank you to Victoria Green for the review copy of Silver Heart!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)