Let's Talk : Favorite Literary Bad Boys


Let's Talk is a weekly meme hosted by Melissa at I Swim For Oceans where we discuss bookish stuff.

Hi guys!

I'm excited to be joining Melissa at I Swim For Oceans on her weekly meme, Let's Talk. Most of my blog's content consists of reviews, so I figured I might also get onto some discussion topics because I love reading those on other people's blog.

Today's topic of discussion is Favorite Literary Bad Boys.
If you have been following me for some time now, then you know that I mostly tend to favor the good guys when it comes to love interests just because there is something really attractive about sweet guys. But there have been instances where I've fallen for some bad guys pretty hard.

Now, to me there are two types of bad boys. One is the kind that is just a complete jerk , has anger management issues and is abusive (*hint* Travis Maddox from The Beautiful Disaster series) and although they do have some kind of explanation for them being jerks, I'm not attracted to them for some reason. I know a lot of readers are, but all I can think about when I come across them is how in real life you would probably want to file a restraining order against such a guy if he were part of your life. 
 
 Then there's the kind of bad-boy who has this tough exterior, but on the inside is just a tortured soul. They are the kind of bad boy who respects women and have a control over their anger. Now, them, I am easily attracted to.

Here's a list of the few bad guys who've managed to steal my heart!

Adrian Ivashkov - The Vampire Academy Series and Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead
When I first came across Adrian in The VA Series, I disliked him a little. That was because I had already fallen for Dimitri and I already knew he would come in between Rose and Dimitri. Adrian was the bad-boy vampire who liked to party, drink a lot and flirt heavily with anything that had breasts. Over the course of the series, I began to really like him. I was destroyed by what happened to him at the end of The Last Sacrifice, but after reading Bloodlines, I have to say that whatever happened was for the best. Adrian has really grown from the VA Series and he's so much sweeter. Plus, it also helps that he has some humorous lines in the books. He's definitely at the top of my favorite literary bad boys and I know he's on a lot of others' too because he won the YA Crush Tournament last year!

“I tried to be a better person for her– but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I’m around you, I want to be better because… well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh. […] You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine.”

Lucas - Easy by Tammara Webber
Now, this one I'm not sure. Lucas had that whole tattooed, pierced biker with a tortured past going on, but he never behaved like a bad guy in the book. He was sweet, down-to-earth and genuine with Jacqueline, which made me love him so hard. Lucas was more of a good guy hiding in the body of a bad boy, if that makes any sense. But there was no doubt that his personality and his behavior was so darn attractive!

“Choosing to be with you, isn't a difficult decision, Jacqueline...It's easy. Incredibly easy.” 
Alex Fuentes - Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
Image Credit
 Ah Alex! He was probably the first bad boy I had a huge crush on. He was also this tough guy who lived a dangerous life on the outside who had such a gentle soul. Alex made me swoon pretty hard with some of the things he said. He had so much going on in his life, that I couldn't help but want to hug the guy and solve all his problems. Fortunately, he had Brittany for that! 

“I want to know how to make this girl laugh. I want to know what makes her cry. I want to know what it feels like to have her look at me as if I’m her knight in shinning armor.” 
“This connection we have isn't going away, it's only getting stronger. Because the more I spend time with her, the closer I want to be.

Hardy Cates - Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas
Hardy Cates, you guys, is the sexiest kind of bad boy that exists. He's had a tough past, but he hasn't let that past rule his present or future. Instead, he's built a great business for himself. Hardy was all kinds of sexy. He started off as a jerk in the previous book, Sugar Daddy, but in Blue-Eyed Devil, we saw a changed man. You have to love a man who knows how to take care of his woman and holds you after you've had a panic attack. If you haven't met Hardy, then you're missing out one gorgeous blue-eyed devil who charm your pants off!

“What you should really be sorry for," he continued, "is that for the rest of my life, I'll have to avoid wine cellars to keep from thinking about you."
"Why? Was kissing me that bad?"
A devil-solf whisper. "No sweetheart. It was that good.

“I was going to have to leave you anyway. Because I loved you too much to drag you
down with me."
My hand crept up to caress the rigid line of his jaw. "Why'd you change your mind?" I whispered.
"After I calmed down a little and had a chance to think, I figured . . . I love you enough to try and deserve you. I would do anything, be anything, for you.” 

Other Notable Mentions
Noah from Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
Jace from the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare


Those are the few bad boys have managed to really impress me and captured my heart. 
Hopefully, this list of mine will continue to grow longer as I read more books!


What do you guys think of my favorite bad boys?
Are any of them in your own list?
Don't forget to share some of your own favorite bad boys with me too in the comments below!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)