In My Mailbox (6)




In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.


The Fine Art Of Truth Or Dare
by Melissa Jensen
Summary (from Goodreads)
 
Pretty in Pink meets Anna and the French Kiss in this charming romantic comedy

Ella is nearly invisible at the Willing School, and that’s just fine by her. She’s got her friends—the fabulous Frankie and their sweet cohort Sadie. She’s got her art—and her idol, the unappreciated 19th-century painter Edward Willing. Still, it’s hard being a nobody and having a crush on the biggest somebody in the school: Alex Bainbridge. Especially when he is your French tutor, and lessons have started becoming, well, certainly more interesting than French ever has been before. But can the invisible girl actually end up with a happily ever after with the golden boy, when no one even knows they’re dating? And is Ella going to dare to be that girl?

 
Dragonswood
by Janet Lee Carey
Summary (from Goodreads)
 
Wilde Island is in an uproar after the recent death of its king. The uneasy pact between dragons, fairies, and humans is fraying, and a bloodthirsty witch hunter with a hidden agenda whips villages into frenzies with wild accusations. Tess, a blacksmith’s daughter from a tiny hamlet near the mysterious Dragonswood, finds herself caught in the crosshairs of fate when she is accused of witchery and has to flee for her life along with her two best friends.

Not even Tess’s power to see the future can help the girls as they set off on their desperate journey, but she keeps having visions of a man wielding a sword. And when she finally meets him, Tess has no idea how to handle the magnetic attraction she feels for him, or the elusive call she hears from the heart of the Dragonswood.

In this epic romance, an ancient prophecy comes true in a way neither dragon, fairy, nor human would have predicted.
 
 
Destiny's Fire (Kythan Guardians #1)
by Trisha Wolfe
Summary (from Goodreads)
 
It’s the year 2040, and sixteen-year-old Dez Harkly is one of the last of her kind—part of a nearly extinct race of shape-shifters descended from guardians to the Egyptian pharaohs. Her home and her secret are threatened when the Council lowers the barrier, allowing the enemy race to enter the Shythe haven.

As the Narcolym airships approach, Dez and her friends rebel against their Council and secretly train for battle. Not only is Dez wary of war and her growing affection for her best friend Jace, but she fears the change her birthday will bring. When Dez’s newfound power rockets out of control, it’s a Narcolym who could change her fate… if she can trust him.

Dez’s guarded world crumbles when she discovers why the Narcos have really come to Haven Falls, and she's forced to choose between the race who raised her and the enemy she's feared her whole life. 

 
The Education Of Hailey Kendrick
by Eileen Cook
Summary (from Goodreads)
 
Hailey Kendrick always does exactly what's expected of her. She has the right friends, dates the perfect boy, gets good grades, and follows all the rules. But one night, Hailey risks everything by breaking a very big rule in a very public way...and with a very unexpected partner in crime. Hailey gets caught, but her accomplice does not, and Hailey takes the fall for both of them.

Suddenly, Hailey's perfect life--and her reputation--are blowing up in her face. Her friends are all avoiding her. Her teachers don't trust her. Her boyfriend won't even speak to her for long enough to tell her that she's been dumped.

They say honesty is the best policy--but some secrets are worth keeping, no matter the cost. Or are they?


Untraceable (The Nature Of Grace #1)
by S.R Johannes
Summary (from Goodreads)
 
16-year-old Grace has lived in the Smokies all her life, patrolling with her forest ranger father who taught her about wildlife, tracking, and wilderness survival.

When her dad goes missing on a routine patrol, Grace refuses to believe he’s dead and fights the town authorities, tribal officials, and nature to find him.

One day, while out tracking clues, Grace is rescued from danger by Mo, a hot guy with an intoxicating accent and a secret. As her feelings between him and her ex-boyfriend get muddled, Grace travels deep into the wilderness to escape and find her father.

Along the way, Grace learns terrible secrets that sever relationships and lives. Soon she’s enmeshed in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. And it’s going to take a lot more than a compass and a motorcycle (named Lucifer) for this kick-butting heroine to save everything she loves.
  
 
I got some great books this week that I've been wanting to read since a very long time. 

What will you be reading this week ?

Be sure to leave a link in the comments section and I'll definitely stop by your blog!

Happy Reading everyone!

Comments

  1. Thanks J.R
    I'm looking forward to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fine Art Of Truth Or Dare looks totally awesome!

    Happy reading, Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it does April!
    Can't wait to dig into it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week I got Shine by Lauren Myracle and Legend by Marie Lu, among others. I can't wait to read them! The Fine Art of Truth or Dare sounds good - I love Anna and the French Kiss, so I'll have to read it. :) I hope you enjoy your books!
    My (first!) IMM is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these look amazing, Destiny's Fire is new so thanks for putting it on my radar and enjoy!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jade !
    Yes, it's a new book and it sounds really good ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, Dragonswood! I really want to read that one, it looks like a great YA fantasy read. I hope you enjoy all of your book (:

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want to read The Fine Art of Truth Or Dare!! And Untraceable looks great!! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Fine Art looks very good. I need to find a way to get my hands on that book despite my book buying ban :-) Enjoy!

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-30-one-where-i-have.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Celine : Yes, it seems very original! I can't wait to start it !

    Jessica : Thanks ! Hope you get to read TFAOFTOD soon!

    Valia : That cover simply makes you want to read it, doesn't it! LOL!
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are unfamiliar titles to me. You must have done a lot of work including not just the book covers but the synopsis as well, the layout looks really nice. Enjoy your new reads this week.

    Here's ours over at GatheringBooks:
    http://wp.me/pDlzr-30x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Fine Art of Truth or Dare sounds so good. Great IMM this week, how you enjoy all of your books. :)

    Here is mine: IMM (14)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I soo want to read The Fine Art of Truth or Dare; it looks so cute! Enjoy all your fun reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stuff! Your mailbox picture looks delicious! That is candy right? LOL Or just my food obsessed mind playing tricks on me. Dragonswood, and Destiny's Fire look awesome. I really really want Destiny's Fire. The Fine Art of Truth and Dare looks cute but not sure I will like the writing format. Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for visiting My IMM! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome haul! I hope you like Destiny's Fire I really enjoyed it! :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  16. Myra : That's really sweet of you. Thank you :)
    I thought adding the synopsis would make it look more interesting. Thanks for dropping by.

    Justin : Thank you :)Everyone keeps saying how much they want to read it ! I think it's the "Anna and the french kiss" part :P

    Booktasty : I can't wait to read The Fine Art ! I really hope I won't be disappointed.

    Lauren : Yes, I love the cover of Dragonswood and the story seems pretty original!

    Jennifer : LOL! I don't think that's candy! Those starts are made of paper if I'm not mistaken !
    Thank you!

    Giselle : I hope I like it too. Can't wait to read it !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)