Review : I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Summary (from Goodreads)

I've lost it. The only thing in the world I wasn't supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It's been in Magnus's family for three generations. And now, the very same day his parents are coming, I've lost it. The very same day. Do not hyperventilate Poppy. Stay positive!!


Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry the ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her 'happy ever after' begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring but in the panic that followed, she has now lost her phone. As she paces shakily round the hotel foyer she spots an abandoned phone in a bin. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!

Well, perfect except the phone's owner, businessman Sam Roxton doesn't agree. He wants his phone back and doesn't appreciate Poppy reading all his messages and wading into his personal life.

What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other's lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents... she soon realises that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.



Personal Thoughts

Technically, I've Got Your Number isn't a YA book. It's rather classified as chick-lit, but I still decided to review this one on my blog for the reason that I think YA book lovers would also like it.
I'm a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella. I've read most of her books and I've loved all of them, although the books were cliched and sometimes unrealistic. So, I was super excited for the release of I've Got Your Number.

The book starts off with the main character, Poppy Wyatt, desperately looking for her engagement ring. After an incident, she finds that her ring is lost and she is very panicked because the ring is actually a heirloom.
A few hours later, having still not found her ring, Poppy's mobile phone is robbed!
Poppy then finds a phone in the trash and decides to keep it for herself temporarily. However, the phone's owner and business man, Sam Roxton, wants his phone back!
Poppy was the kind of character who was funny, crazy, adorable and with a big heart. Her adventures trying to find her engagement ring and reading through Sam's messages were hilarious. One scene in this book involving Beyoncé's "Single Ladies" had me laughing so hard! Although Poppy could be extreme at times, I loved her as a character.

Sam is the serious businessman type of guy. He is easily frustrated and the confident type but has a good side to him. Up until the very end, you don't realize how sweet and caring he is. I loved the interaction between him and Poppy during the numerous text messages.
The romance in the book was very sweet. It develops very slowly and it is through the text messages that Poppy and Sam begin to fall in love although they don't realize it until the very end. Also through the text messages you get to learn quite a bit about them.

The secondary characters in the book was very varied and I enjoyed that. There was a mixture of different characters from the jerk of a fiancee to the jealous friend. They were all great and Sophie Kinsella does a great job at developing them!

The plot is not only about Poppy's search for her ring, but it's also about her discovering about herself and for once thinking about her own self rather than always thinking about the people around her.

As always, Sophie Kinsella's writing is addictive and very humorous. It makes you want to continue reading without ever stopping.
In this book, she also adds these footnotes. However, those really bothered me because I had the ebook version of the book.
Other than that, I have no complaints whatsoever concerning this book!

Overall, this was an enjoyable and delightful book. If you're looking for something light, funny and that will leave you feeling happy, then I've Got Your Number is the book for you!

Rating

Cover : 4/5
Plot : 4/5
Characters : 4/5
Writing : 4/5






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)