Monthly Recap : March 2015



Hey everyone!

How was your guys' March? It went by so fast! I ended my 2nd quarter of my senior year and then I had my one week spring break where I ended up not reading as many books as I wanted to and then I just found out a few weeks ago that I got accepted into 2 prestigious graduate schools! I didn't think it could happen because I don't have that much research experience, but I was over the moon when I read the emails! I have to make a decision where to go next month. I have to choose between cold Boston and sunny LA! If you guys are from either of these 2 cities, please share your thoughts about the cities in general, as in, personalities of people, public transportation, crime rates, etc ... Both schools are great, so I'll have to factor in other aspects to make a good decision.
I also started my last quarter of college last week and I'm so excited and nervous at the same time for graduation in June! I'm truly looking forward to what the future holds in store for me.

Anyways, here's my reading recap for this month!

Number of books read
27
You can see a list of all the books I read this past month here.

Highest rating 
5 Stars (I rated 1 book 5 stars this month!)
The Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke by Anne Blankman

I absolutely loved Prisoner of Night and Fog and I was excited to start The Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke. As expected, the book blew me away. I was so tense throughout the entire thing, but Anne Blankman is a phenomenal story teller!

Lowest rating
2.5 Stars 
Jinn and Juice by Nicole Peeler


I buddy read this one with Rashika and I was expecting to love it, but it wasn't as amazing as I wanted it to be. The romance and character development were disappointing.

Books reviewed 

The Deal by Elle Kennedy (4.5 Stars)
Losers Weepers by Nicole Williams (3.5 Stars)
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord (5 Stars)
Dreamfire by Kit Alloway (3 Stars)
The Truth About Us by Janet Gurtler (3.5 Stars)
Becoming Rain by K.A Tucker (4 Stars)
The Trouble With Love by Lauren Layne (4 Stars)
Red by Alyxandra Harvey (4 Stars)
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab (4 Stars)
The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne (3 Stars)
The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey (4 Stars)
Chase Me by Tessa Bailey (3 Stars)
Jinn and Juice by Nicole Peeler (2.5 Stars)
Scarlet by A.C Gaughen (4 Stars)
This Heart of Mine by Brenda Novak (3.5 Stars)
The Shattered Court by M.J Scott (4 Stars)
Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee (4 Stars)
The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre (3.5 Stars)

Best read of the month

That would have to be  A Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke. I LOVED this book!

Book which surprised me the most

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

This book surprised me ... but not in a good way unfortunately. I was so ready to LOVE this book but I thought it was so meh for me. I'm so disappointed but the hype killed the book for me and  I was left unimpressed. :(

Fictional crush of the month

Jason from Tessa Ever After!! This boy was made of swoon and OMG he had me fanning myself multiple times during the book. He was a total dreamboat and the perfect book boyfriend. You all have to meet him if you love NA romance books!
Three books I'm looking forward to reading next month


Exciting blogging moments

- I won a giveaway for two of my most anticipated reads of the year : The Witch Hunter and The Creeping!
- I made some fabulous new friends on Twitter!
- I got one of my most anticipated reads for review, The Devil You Know.

Bookish photo 


And I must have a window seat and built in bookshelves
Source

I saw this on Pintrest the other day and guys, some day I want to own a home with a cute little reading library like this overseeing some trees. I'd want a more comfy seat, but this is perfect! Hey, a girl can dream right?

How about you guys? How was your month? Anything exciting or fun happen to you too?
Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)