Review : The Charlotte Chronicles by Jen Frederick

Summary (from Goodreads)


Title : The Charlotte Chronicles (Jackson Boys #1)
Author : Jen Frederick
Publication Date :  December 8th 2014
Publisher : Self-Published

Goodreads - Amazon

Charlotte and Nathan were supposed to be forever. They grew up together. Their families were intertwined. Charlotte was Nathan's first love. Nathan was Charlotte's first everything.

Until they weren't.

How do you hold on to the person you know in your heart you are supposed to be with when everything and everyone in the universe is telling you it's over?

How many times does a heart break?
When is enough…..enough?
How long is forever?


Personal Thoughts 

Jen Frederick's  Woodlands series is one of my favorite NA series. I was so happy to see that she was writing the couples' kids stories as well, so I was quick to grab The Charlotte Chronicles when it became available. Plus, this was a childhood romance with a second chance romance, so obviously I needed it in my life.

Charlotte and Nate's romance was my favorite part about The Charlotte Chronicles. Theirs was a relationship that made me go through a rollercoaster of emotions from the very beginning. We get to see Charlotte and Nate's story's start from the beginning and it was just so sweet. Of course, it was also rife with emotions especially stemming from Charlotte's sudden illness when they were still very young. I really loved watching these two kids slowly fall for each other and acknowledge their feelings. It was truly adorable! It was also really painful to watch them have to go their separate ways after an incident in the book, but I thought it was necessary to allow them to really grow as individuals and figure out what they wanted out of life. There was no denying that the chemistry between Charlotte and Nate was explosive! Sparks would fly whenever they would be in a scene together. This chemistry especially intensified when they reunited years later.

It was also really great getting to see the older couples from the previous books. I loved how involved the parents were in their kids' lives and just how supportive they were. I think I was the happiest when Bo made appearances! There were also some great secondary characters. My favorite was Nathan's brother and Charlotte's best friend, Nick! He was a sweet guy to Charlotte and I loved how protective he was of her. Plus, the author showed that a platonic relationship between a girl and a guy can be possible without it turning into a love triangle, so that was refreshing! Additionally, Jen Frederick also portrayed male rape in The Charlotte Chronicles and I have to applaud her for that. I only wish we had gotten to see more severe consequences to the violators.

All in all, The Charlotte Chronicles was a sexy and romantic read that was addictive from start to finish. I look forward to reading the next installment in this series!

Rating

Cover : 4/5
Plot : 4/5
Characters : 4/5
Writing : 4/5


Thank you to Jen Frederick and NetGalley for the e-ARC of The Charlotte Chronicles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)