Movie Review : Veronica Mars



Hey guys!

Today, I have something a little different on the blog for you guys. As some of you may already know, I binge-watched the 3 seasons of Veronica Mars last summer over a few weeks. I loved it so much that it upset me when I realized that there was only 3 seasons of the show. So, I was delighted and excited to hear that a movie was being made. 

I got around to watching the movie a few days ago and here is my review for it.

What I Enjoyed 
 
- The return of the trademark Veronica Mars snark.
Veronica has always been witty, snarky and sarcastic. I've always loved her attitude, so I was glad to see that that hadn't changed in the movie. 
 
 
- Wallace and Mac - am I the only one who shipped them?
Wallace and Mac have both been two of my favorite characters in the TV show. I was pretty much overjoyed with their return in the movie.
I was actually shipping them for a moment in the book and was hoping they would wind up being a couple.
I also really liked how they still Veronica, Wallace and Mac had that great dynamic between them.
P.S Mac is rocking that hair.

- Dick being a dick !
Some people never change and while Dick is a bit of a jerk, he's never had bad intentions. It was good to meet his jerk-face self all over again.
 

Source
- Keith and Veronica - a strong father-daughter relationship
One of my favorite parts of this show has been the depth of the relationship between Keith and Veronica. I feel like on TV shows, fathers are either absent from their kids' lives or are negatively portrayed, especially in teenage dramas. So, I loved loved that Keith and Veronica were still going strong as ever.


- Leo's too short of an appearance 
The gif says it all!
That smile though!

What I Did Not Enjoy 

- The plot line
Personally, for a movie, I thought the mystery was so silly and so predictable. I figured out who the murderer was very early on (during the reunion) and I wasn't happy to find out I was right by the end. 

- Weevil
I have no clue as to why he was not given a larger role in this movie since he played such a vital role in the show.

**SPOILERS AHEAD**

- Piz's treatment 
I'm sorry, but what was the purpose of even having Piz in the movie?
Everyone knew that Logan and Veronica would end up together and Piz' involvement in the story didn't add much. I honestly felt bad for the way Veronica quickly forgot about him despite having been in a relationship with him. I don't know, it just felt unfair to me. I've always liked Piz, but I've also known that he was way too nice for Veronica. I just think he deserved a better ending a quite simply should not have been written into the movie.

- Corruption in Neptune
There was a story line about this in the movie, but it was very much underdeveloped. 

- Veronica's decision to remain in Neptune
All throughout the series, Veronica has complained about how she wanted to get away from Neptune, so I was quite frankly disappointed and surprised by her decision in the end to move back to Neptune. This is my opinion, but I felt like she only did it for Logan, which goes against everything I know about Veronica. 

- Logan and Veronica
Honestly, I'm not a fan of their relationship at all and I've never been. I like them individually, but together they make for such a toxic and unhealthy couple. (LoVe fans, do not kill me - I'm simply stating an opinion). I would have rather Veronica ending up by herself at the end. That would have shown us that she had undergone some growth.

Verdict 

I would rate this movie 3 stars out of 5. I was happy to see most of the characters back, but there were a few things that really bugged me.
In the end, if you were a fan of the TV show, you will probably enjoy the movie.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)