Mini Reviews : One Week Girlfriend and Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title : One Week Girlfriend (Drew + Fable #1)
Author : Monica Murphy
Publication Date : January 10th 2013
Publisher : Self-Published
Goodreads - Amazon


Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us. And I’m that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumors, at least.

But now I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…

Me.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him.

Forever.


Personal Thoughts

I've been having a New Adult reading slump lately and One Week Girlfriend was the perfect book to get me out of this slump. This was book was so entertaining that I read it in a matter of hours and right after finishing, I grabbed the second book. Drew and Fable were wonderful characters that I had no trouble liking. Drew had a lot going on for him and my heart hurt for him. Sympathizing with his situation was so easy because he had such a lovable personality. I will admit that what had happened to him was pretty predictable, but when the truth about his past finally came to light, it still broke my heart and all I wanted to do was give the guy a hug. Fable had a lot going on in her life too, but she was such a strong character and her personality really shone through. I loved that despite all the issues she had in her life, she still managed to put on a brave face and never really complained about how shitty her life was. By the end of the book, I really wanted for the two of them to have their happily ever after. This is a short book at 150 pages or so, but it packed a ton of emotion. Monica Murphy has created genuine, down-to-earth characters and has implemented a steamy romance that will have you swooning in One Week Girlfriend. Fans of New Adult, this is not a book to be missed!

Rating


Cover : 3/5
Plot : 4/5
Characters : 4/5
Writing : 4/5



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title : Second Chance Boyfriend (Drew + Fable #2)
Author : Monica Murphy
Publication Date : April 6th 2013
Publisher : Self-Published
Goodreads - Amazon


Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.

But now I realize how truly lost I am without her. She has become my story…and even though she acts like she’s moved on, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. She’s beautiful, sweet—and so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is help her. Be there for her.

Love her…

If only I could convince Fable to give me a second chance. Then I wouldn’t feel so lost anymore, and neither would she. We could be found together.

Forever.


Personal Thoughts

I didn't think this series could get better! After loving One Week Girlfriend and having my heart shattered at the end, I immediately jumped into Second Chance Boyfriend. While the first book primarily focused on the past issues of the characters, this one focused on the relationship between Drew and Fable. Their fears, insecurities and happiness were all so palpable. You also get to see the characters finally facing their demons and learning to let go of their pasts. Drew's and Fable's chemistry was off the charts in this one. Those two made a very steamy couple and Monica Murphy treats us to some pretty smexy scenes. I also loved the role Owen, Fable's younger brother played. I'm hoping Monica Murphy writes a book just for him because he was a lot of fun! The book was not without drama, but a lot of focus was on the characters themselves. Overall, I thought this was highly entertaining and definitely worth the read!

Rating


Cover : 3/5
Plot : 4/5
Characters : 4/5
Writing : 4/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)