Review : Tremble by Jus Accardo

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title : Tremble (Denazen #3)
Author : Jus Accardo
Publisher : Entangled Teen
Publication Date : May 7th 2013
Goodreads - The Book Depository


Dez Cross has problems. She’s almost eighteen and on the verge of losing her mind thanks to the drug Denazen used to enhance her abilities. People close to her have turned their back on the underground and are now fighting for the wrong side. And then there’s Kale... Things couldn’t get any worse.

Until of course, they do. Denazen is about to start a new trial—this one called Domination—and it works. But that means out with the old and in with the new. The order has been given to terminate all remnants of the second trial—including Dez. The good news is that there’s a survivor from the original trial. A woman who’s blood may hold the cure for the second generation of Supremacy kid’s defect. But the underground Sixes aren’t the only ones who know about her….

Cross is willing to throw everything he has to keep Dez from getting the cure—including the one thing that might tear her apart from the inside out.


Personal Thoughts

Tremble is a book that I have been waiting for a very long time. As soon as I got approved for the title on NetGalley, I dived into the book and drowned myself in its awesomeness. The Denazen series is a series that's dear to me because I have loved it from book 1 and Jus Accardo does not fail to impress in this installment.

I love the growth that Dez has undergone throughout the series. She started off as an impulsive and rebellious young woman, but she has matured so much over the course of the books. In Tremble, Jus Accardo takes it further with Dez's character by allowing her to grow even further. Dez has turned into a strong, level-headed heroine that you can't help but root for. After the events of Toxic, she has blossomed into an even braver character than she initially was. I was glad that despite the many ups and downs that she endured in the previous books, she hasn't allowed those events to weaken her even a bit. In fact, I would say that Dez has learned so much from her past mistakes. Dez was the sort of character who was willing to battle demons to help the people that she loves. I loved what an independent, fearless and spunky character she was. I was also happy that she didn't let the fact that Kale was absent from her life break her down. Instead, she went along with her life, but still planning on saving him. Kale also went through hell in Tremble. He had to overcome so many obstacles and it seemed like they would not stop coming in his pathway, but despite that he was a strong character. I loved his sweet innocence in this series. It is what makes him so lovable. Kale has to be one of the heart-warming love interest that I have ever read about and that is exactly what I loved about him. No matter how much I love my bad boys in my YA books, I have a soft spot for the genuinely caring ones. As far as the villains go, they still fill me with so much hatred and I doubt that will change anytime soon. These are the sort of villains that you actually enjoy hating because they are just terrible human beings. Jus Accardo has crafted wonderful secondary characters in this series and I'm happy to say that they are even better in this installment.

When I went into Tremble, I knew I could count on Jus Accardo to feed me plenty of action that would leave me breathless and that's exactly what she did. The book started with a bang and right up to the last page, it was action-packed. Brimming with suspense, Tremble kept me on the edge of my seat. I devoured this book because I was so invested in it. The world-building was also further developed. Tremble was the kind of book in which there was never a dull moment. By the time it ended, I still wanted more. The romance in this series has been one of my favorite aspects of it. Dez and Kale share such a beautiful relationship. They make each other much better people and that is exactly why I love them together. Kale's innocence complements Dez's rebellious streak. These two were just perfect together! In Tremble, their love was put to test by circumstances, but by the end of the book, it was stronger than it ever was. Kale said the sweetest things ever which made up for some swoon-worthy moments between them. Ever since Touch, Jus Accardo has been one of my favorite authors. Her brilliant writing has an addictive quality to it. Plus, it helps that she takes her time to build her world, develop her characters and make us swoon with her romance. There's no doubt after reading this book that I'm buying every single thing she writes even if its a book about penguins! That's how much I love her books!

Tremble was my favorite book in the Denazen series. Complex characters, rich world-building and a romance that gave me butterflies and made me wish that I had a Kale too, Tremble surpassed all my expectations. Fans of the series, this is not an installment you want to miss! And for those of you who haven't tried this series yet, then now's definitely the time.

Rating

Cover : 3/5
Plot : 5/5
Characters : 5/5
Writing : 5/5

**Overall Rating : 4.5/5**


Big thanks to Entangled Teen and NetGalley for the e-ARC of Tremble.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)