Waiting On Wednesday (40) : The Outside by Laura Bickle



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine to show the  upcoming titles that we're mostly eager for.


Summary (from Goodreads)

Title : The Outside (The Hallowed Ones #2)
Author : Laura Bickle
Publication Date : September 3rd 2013
Publisher : Harcourt Children's Books
Goodreads - The Book Depository

After a plague of vampires is unleashed in the world, Katie is kicked out of her Amish community for her refusal to adhere to the new rules of survival. Now in exile, she enters an outside world of unspeakable violence with only her two “English” friends and a horse by her side. Together they seek answers and other survivors—but each sunset brings the threat of vampire attack, and each sunrise the threat of starvation.

And yet through this darkness come the shining ones: luminescent men and women with the power to deflect vampires and survive the night. But can these new people be trusted, and are they even people at all?

In this edge-of-your-seat thriller, it’s up to one Amish girl to save her family, her community, and the boy she loves . . . but what will she be asked to leave behind in return?



You guys have no idea how much I loved the first book in this series. Katie is one of my all-time favorite heroines and the world-building in this book is simply amazing. Everything about it was fabulous! So, is it any wonder that I'm dying to read the second book in the series? I would do anything to get an ARC of it, but I guess I'm going to have to stay patient. September is too far away! *grumpy face*

Anyways, have you guys read this book yet?
What did you think of it? If you haven't, then you MUST read it NOW!
Be sure to let me know in the comments!

Happy Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)