Super Exciting Announcement and The Future of Nick's Book Blog

white petaled flower on white background

Hi everyone!

As some of you may know, I took a step back from blogging last week, well in a certain way at least. During that time, I was rethinking every aspect of my life, blogging included. I had a chat with my friends Danielle, Tonya, Jess and Wendy on Whatsapp when Danielle mentioned that she was restructuring her blog. It really got me thinking and I texted Danielle's tweet to Nereyda and we discussed how we felt similarly too. Part of me feels like blogging has become so stressful for me. I've been posting regularly this past year and now if I don't have a review to post on a certain day, I feel like a failure. It's probably why I've been reading so many books so fast. And you know what? I don't feel like I'm getting the gratification that I used to. 

This might come across as rude or mean, but I went away for one week (without commenting back on blogs) and there were some commenters who regularly commented on my blog when I did on theirs that didn't comment once in that week. It just felt like a slap to the face because I was struck with the reality of it all - some people don't really want to read my posts because they want to, but they are doing it to get comments back and I don't know how I feel about that. As you may know, I'm a huge supporter of commenting back and building relationships via comments, but this made me realize that not everybody shares that philosophy the same way I do. They are not out to maintain friendships, they just want views/comments. 

All that being said, I'm so so so grateful to each and everyone  of you who actually did take your time to leave me supportive messages all throughout the week. I know who you guys her (I've memorized your names - haha!), and I love you all for being by my side virtually. Seriously, if I could squish you all in a group hug, I'd do it right away! <3 nbsp="" p="">

Anyways, I'm burned out. Completely burned out. I haven't touched a book in 2 weeks and the sad thing is I don't miss reading at all.
So I told Nereyda all of this and I jokingly told her that we should just start coblogging to relieve the pressure from our shoulders, and she said that she would be down for it. Obviously I was all over it and immediately we started planning. Nereyda had already come up with a name way back and I absolutely loved it! We discussed designers and I knew immediately who I wanted to hire. And she came up with a design for us SO FREAKING FAST. Like literally the same day that I asked her, she sent me a banner taking every feedback into consideration. Huge thanks to Aentee at Read at Midnight (who I pimped on the blog last week!). I highly recommend her for all your designing needs especially if you're looking for BEAUTIFUL (I'm so in love with our new design!) and AFFORDABLE designs.

SO henceforth, I will officially be blogging at Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist.

If you would maybe update your buttons if you have me on your blogroll and visited Nereyda and me at our new home please, I will love you forever!

I'm looking forward to this exciting new blogging adventure with my close friend, Nereyda and we can't wait to bring you awesome content.

As for now, I'm planning on just leaving this blog as it is, but I'll attempt to transfer my reviews to the new blog.

Once again, thank you so much for all your support and for making Nick's Book Blog such a wonderful blog to blog for. You readers made it all worth the while and I hope you'll join me in my new journey at my new blogging home.

Comments

  1. Awesome. Janice’s book is on sale for one day only at just $0.99! Add this one to your Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really got me thinking and I texted Danielle's tweet to Nereyda and we discussed how we felt similarly too. Part of me feels like blogging has become so stressful for me. I've been posting regularly this past year and now if I don't have a review to post on a certain day, I feel like a failure.
    The Investment Banking School

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)