Review : The Mistake by Elle Kennedy

Summary (from Goodreads)
 

Title : The Mistake (Off-Campus #2)
Author : Elle Kennedy
Publication Date : April 28th 2015
Publisher : Self-Published
Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble


He’s a player in more ways than one…

College junior John Logan can get any girl he wants. For this hockey star, life is a parade of parties and hook-ups, but behind his killer grins and easygoing charm, he hides growing despair about the dead-end road he’ll be forced to walk after graduation. A sexy encounter with freshman Grace Ivers is just the distraction he needs, but when a thoughtless mistake pushes her away, Logan plans to spend his final year proving to her that he’s worth a second chance.

Now he’s going to need to up his game…

After a less than stellar freshman year, Grace is back at Briar University, older, wiser, and so over the arrogant hockey player she nearly handed her V-card to. She’s not a charity case, and she’s not the quiet butterfly she was when they first hooked up. If Logan expects her to roll over and beg like all his other puck bunnies, he can think again. He wants her back? He’ll have to work for it. This time around, she’ll be the one in the driver’s seat…and she plans on driving him wild.
  


Personal Thoughts 

Last month I raved about how much I love Elle Kennedy's The Deal and while Logan wasn't my favorite character in The Deal (I'm more of a Tucker girl!), I was so excited to get to read this book. And OMG you guys! I knew that I had absolutely nothing to worry about because once again Elle Kennedy blew my socks off with The Mistake. If you're a New Adult reader and haven't read The Deal yet, then I don't think we can be friends anymore, because you are seriously missing out on some awesome ships!

As I mentioned, I wasn't too keen on Logan's character because he was crushing on his best friend's girlfriend in the previous book. Even at the beginning of The Mistake, he's still crushing on her. But being inside Logan's head really makes you see what's going on and it was easy for me to understand why he seemed to like Hannah, Garrett's girlfriend. Logan was a character who really grew on me throughout the book. Honestly, he made a lot of dumb mistakes that had me shaking my head, and at the same time I loved his character too, because he was flawed. Sure, he was this perfect hot hockey player, but he also had his blemishes that made him feel real. There was also a spark to him that drew me in. Over the course of the book, we also learn about Logan's family issues and it broke my heart to see him thinking about giving up his dreams so he could take care of his alcoholic father and take over the family business. Grace, his love interest, was a delight. I honestly think I liked her more than I liked Logan. I love how nerdy this girl was and how much she loved watching action movies. And her tendency to babble on and on when she was nervous was adorable! I also liked how strong Grace was as a character. When Logan does something shitty to her, she doesn't let him trample all over and stands on her own feet. I love characters who aren't easily swayed by the hero and forgive them so easily for their idiocy.

The romance between Logan and Grace was absolutely wonderful. It's the kind of romance that had me squealing in happiness, wanting to get on my rooftop to claim just how OTP these two were. Seriously, I loved loved loved Grace and Logan together. Their relationship was full of teasing banter and holy smokes, the sexual tension! I also loved how these two characters got to know each other as individuals before jumping into sex. At the beginning of the book, Logan did something stupid which separated him and Grace. I loved that Grace made him work for her affections the second time around. And that set up the entire book for Logan's wooing, which by the way, was so so good!  It was a complete delight to watch Logan chase after Grace and try to win her back. I just had so much fun watching him try to win her heart. The romance in The Mistake wasn't the only great thing about this book. I also loved the bromances in it. I ship all these boys so much. They are a riot and there are so many scenes that had my bursting into laughter, and most of them involved the hockey boys and their shenanigans. Their friendship felt very natural to me and Elle Kennedy could write a book about them just having conversations and I would totally read it! That's how much I love these boys! Speaking of Elle Kennedy, my goodness! This woman's writing is like crack. It's so addictive. Once you start her books, it's really hard to put them down. And I still need more books from her!

Elle Kennedy's The Mistake was another winner in The Off-Campus series. If you love swoony romances with sexy heroes, strong heroines and banter that will make you laugh and squeal in delight, this series is a must read!

Rating

Cover : 4/5
Plot : 4/5
Characters : 5/5
Writing : 5/5

**Overall Rating : 4.5/5**


Thank you to Nina Bocci and Elle Kennedy for the e-ARC of The Mistake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)