Review : Tangled by Emma Chase

Summary (from Goodreads) 

Title : Tangled (Tangled #1)
Author : Emma Chase

Publication Date : August 2nd 2013
Publisher : Gallery Books
Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble

Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed?

He’ll tell you he has the flu.

But we all know that’s not really true.

Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything - or anyone - derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating.

Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life?

Can Drew Evans win at love?

Tangled is not your mother’s romance novel. It is an outrageous, passionate, witty narrative about a man who knows a lot about women…just not as much as he thinks he knows. As he tells his story, Drew learns the one thing he never wanted in life, is the only thing he can’t live without.

 
Personal Thoughts

Oh goodness! This book drove me crazy in a completely good way. Never have I laughed, snorted and giggled while reading as much as I did while reading Tangled by Emma Chase. I've been told by multiple people what a hilarious book this was, but of course, I put off reading it because I didn't think it would be for me. I eventually picked it up a few days ago and I absolutely loved it! It was such a fun ride and anyone looking for a good laugh while reading needs to give this book a shot.

The one reason I held off reading Tangled was because the main character, Drew, sounded like a complete ass and I didn't think I would find him appealing in any way. I.was.so.wrong. Drew stole my heart from the very first page. You guys, he was so hilarious. I had a hard time breathing while reading because I was constantly laughing so hard that my stomach actually hurt. He would say the weirdest and the craziest things. He was a douchenozzle and he didn't claim he was anything but that. I think what made me like his voice so much was that he was so honest. He knew he was an ass and he didn't pretend to be otherwise. He actually seemed a little proud of that. Drew is undoubtedly not the character for everyone. You need to know before going into the book that he is awful and can be offensive, especially when it comes to how he views women. If you're not going to be okay with that kind of portrayal, you need to stay far far away from this book because it's only going to infuriate you. Outside of his douchey attitude, Drew was also hardworking and caring to the people in his life. His family, especially, meant a lot to him and I absolutely loved how he melted at his little niece, Mackenzie. There is something very very attractive about a guy who is good with kids. Of course, like any other playboy character, there was that one woman who changed Drew and his ways and that woman was Kate. She was a feisty firecracker, who didn't let Drew walk all over her. I loved that she was able to show him his place and didn't give in to his charming ways.

The secondary cast in Tangled was also fabulous. "The Bitch", Drew's sister, was one of my favorite. He called her "The Bitch" in his head, in the most affectionate way possible. She was as her nickname suggests, bitchy, but she was fiercely protective of her baby brother and her own family. He and Drew shared a strong bond and I loved their closeness. Her daughter, Mackenzie, was also a hilarious kid (it must run in the genes). There were a lot of cute scenes between her and Drew. The romance was predictable, but that didn't bother me in any way, because Drew and Kate's relationship was everything, but dull. They argued and bantered constantly throughout the book, and it was so much fun watching them push each other's buttons. They infuriated each other and at the same time, they were wildly attracted to each other. The chemistry between these two was off the charts. Kate could be a little frustrating when it came to her relationship with her fiancee (of over 10 years) and how she made Drew grovel for days towards the end of the book. In the end, all was good though and I thought she and Drew made for a great complementary couple.

I had so much fun reading this book and I don't regret it one bit! I owe a huge thanks to Nereyda, Andrea and Kim whose reviews pushed me to read this book. It was an entertaining read and exactly the kind of book I needed to lift my mood.

Rating

Cover : 4/5
Plot : 4/5
Characters : 4/5
Writing : 4/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)