Review : Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title : Finding Cinderella (Hopeless #2.5)
Author : Colleen Hoover

Publication Date : October 14th 2013
Publisher : Atria Book
Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble

This novella is a companion novel to the Hopeless series, but can be read as a standalone.

A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love comes with conditions: they agree it will only last one hour and it will only be make-believe.

When their hour is up and the girl rushes off like Cinderella, Daniel tries to convince himself that what happened between them only seemed perfect because they were pretending it was perfect. Moments like that with girls like her don’t happen outside of fairytales.

One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in insta-love is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. Daniel soon realizes the way he pretended to feel about Cinderella and the way he really feels about Six may not be so different after all. Especially when the two loves of his life end up being one in the same.

Unfortunately for Daniel, finding Cinderella doesn’t guarantee their happily ever after…it only further threatens it.


Personal Thoughts

Dear Colleen Hoover
How? How do you always manage to write such poignant and emotional stories that make me want to hug your characters and cry alongside them? How?

If you've been following me for a while, you all know how averse I am to novellas. In fact, despite having downloading Finding Cinderella a long time ago, I refused to read the book, fearing that I would be disappointed. But I was wrong. Clearly. Because it seems like Colleen Hoover possesses some kind of magical power, because she's the only author who managed to make me fall heads over heels with a novella. You're warned. This review will not be very coherent. It will only consist of gushing and swooning and just happy-dancing!

Daniel! Oh Daniel! <3 You guys, I fell so hard for this boy. He was sweet, down-to-earth, charming and had so much charisma. I just could not help but fall for his personality. Colleen Hoover writes some of the best book boyfriends out there and Daniel has to be my favorite right along Will. I legit swooned every time he opened his mouth because he was such a charmer. Seriously, Colleen Hoover, where can I find a Daniel for myself? His love interest, Six, who we met in the first book, was also a breath of fresh air. She's outspoken, loveable and just another brilliant character in this book. She had to go through her own set of issues what with being labelled a slut because of her promiscuous ways, but Six was so much more than a very sexual teenager. I truly did love her and wished that we got to see her POV as well. I was also beyond excited to see Holder and Sky together acting all cute. Guys, this might be a short novella, but even Daniel's family played a pivotal role in the book and I loved how much they teased Daniel. Character-wise, this was phenomenal. It actually had more character development than some full-length novels I've read.

This book might be short, but it packs a ton of emotions. I have to say that I was surprised by how much depth the book possessed. From the very first page, I knew that Colleen Hoover was going to hook me into her book and that's exactly what she did. The epilogue in this book was absolute perfection. It's so memorable and so sweet. It's definitely one that I'm going to remember for a long time. There was also a huge twist that I honestly did not see coming, which of course only served to amplify my enjoyment of this book. The romance! Oh my, the romance! <3 I couldn't help but root for Daniel and Six despite me wanting Daniel all for myself because they were perfect for each other. I was a little hesitant that the instant love would make me feel disconnected from the romance, but honestly, I should never have doubted Colleen Hoover. Even her insta-love is so damn realistic that you just can't help yourself but melt into a puddle of goo. I'm telling you all, Colleen Hoover is a witch, because she once again managed to enchant me with her beautiful and soothing writing style that just left me feeling like I was dancing in a field of poppies. Her writing makes my heart burst out of joy.

While only a novella, Finding Cinderella is a book that will appeal to all you romantics out there and make you swoon for these characters. If there's one novella you should read, it's most definitely Finding Cinderella.

Rating
Cover : 4/5
Plot : 4/5
Characters : 5/5
Writing : 5/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)