Book Haul & Weekly Recap #41


Book Haul is weekly feature here at Nick's Book Blog inspired by Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Review and The Sunday Post by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

Book Haul



Biggest Flirts by Jennifer Echols

Servants of the Storm by Delilah S. Dawson

Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morril

Three Broken Promises by Monica Murphy


Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano

Hi guys!

I hope you all had a great week! I had a good one and I'm now looking forward to when school finally ends for winter break in about a month.

This week, I had some fantastic books that I've been dying to read. First off, I got Biggest Flirts. I have a love-hate relationship with Jennifer Echols' books, but this one sounded adorable and I really love that cover. Servants of the Storm sounds creepy and that cover is just stunning. I was very excited when I finally got approved for Being Sloane Jacobs. I liked Lauren Morril's debut, and this one just sounds all sorts of adorable. I also got Three Broken Promises, which I'm dying to read. I adore Monica Murphy's NA series and I can't wait to read this one. Also, I was asked if I wanted to review The Unseemly Education of Anne Merchant and I said yes because I loved the sound of it and the publisher was kind enough to send me a signed ARC.

Finally, I got Perfect Ruin from the library. I haven't read anything by Lauren DeStefano yet, so I'm curious to see what I think of her writing. 

A huge thank you to Edelweiss, NetGalley, Simon Pulse, Random House and BenBella Books for the gorgeous ARCs. 

Weekly Recap

Here's a recap of what was on the blog this past week :

 Unfortunately, I didn't think this was as impressive as everyone said it was. I had some issues with the characters, but it was highly entertaining. I rated it 3 stars.

Review : Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
This one was a favorite of the year. I loved the gorgeous writing and the wonderful characters. I rated it 4 stars.

Waiting on Wednesday
This week I was waiting on On the Fence by Kasie West. I love Kasie West so I can't wait to read more from her.

This was a disaster of a book. Poor world-building, weak characters and insta-love. I rated it 2 stars.

This was a light, fun and entertaining read, very similar to the Princess Diaries. I rated it 3.5 stars.

Giveaway

I recently hit 1000 GFC followers and to celebrate, I have a giveaway up on the blog. You can win 2 awesome prize packs!


That's it for me this week! I hope you guys had a fabulous week as well!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Don't forget to leave links to your Book Hauls for me to visit you as well!

Happy Reading!



Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)