Beat the Heat Read-a-thon : Goals & Updates

Phantasmic Reads

The Beat the Heat Read-a-thon is hosted by Auntie Spinelli Reads & Phantasmic Reads!


Hello lovely people!

Once again I've decided to join a read-a-thon. This is my 3rd this summer! There's only a few weeks left until the summer ends and I have to go back to school, so I wanted to get as much reading done as possible before it's back to all those Biology and Chemistry books! 

This is where I'll be posting my updates on a daily basis from July 29th - August 11th!

Rules
  • The Beat the Heat Readathon runs from July 29th through August 11th. What does this readathon entail, you ask? Well, read as much or as little as you want – the main point is to READ! You set your own goal, and for two weeks you read as many books as you can/want to reach your goal!
  • There will be mini-challenges throughout the Readathon for participants, along with a grand prize giveaway at the end!
  • Sign up at Auntie Spinelli Reads or Phantasmic Reads. You may join whenever you like, but to be eligible for our grand prize giveaway, you must sign up by August 5th.
  • In order to enter for the grand prize, you must have a post to keep track of your progress so we can see that you participated.

Goals

Basically, my goal is to get through 12 books in the 2 weeks period. 6 of them will be ARCs/Tour Books and the rest will be books that I own or borrowed from the library.

I'm not going to post a list of the titles I'll be reading, because those change depending on my mood, but I'll be posting the title names as I read them on here.

Week 1 Goal : Read 6 books
Week 2 Goal : Read 6 books

Progress

Week 1

Monday 7/29
Reading : The Burning Sky - Sherry Thomas

Tuesday 7/30
Finished : The Burning Sky

Wednesday 7/31
Reading : Escaping Me - Elizabeth Lee
Finished : Escaping Me
Reading : Canary - Rachel Alpine

Thursday 8/01
Finished : Canary
Reading : The Program by Suzanne Young

Friday 8/02
Finished : The Program
Reading : The Paradox of Vertical Flight
Reading : Losing It - Cora Carmack

Saturday 8/03
Finished : Losing It
Finished : The Paradox of Vertical Flight
WEEK 1 GOAL COMPLETE - 6 Books Read
Reading : Addicted To You by Colina Brennan
Reading : How to Love by Katie Cotugno

Sunday 8/04
Finished : How to Love by Katie Cotugno

Monday 8/05
Finished : Addicted to You
Reading : Silver Heart by Victoria Green

Tuesday 8/06
Finished : Silver Heart by Victoria Green
Reading : Red by Alison Cherry
Finished : Red by Alison Cherry
Reading : Faking It by Cora Carmack

Wednesday 8/07
Finished : Faking It by Cora Carmack
Reading : Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

I'm really excited to be part of this read-a-thon! If you are participating too, then Good Luck to you and leave links to your update posts so I can visit you to see how you are doing!

Happy Reading! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)