Book Haul & Weekly Recap #27


Book Haul is weekly feature here at Nick's Book Blog inspired by Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Review and The Sunday Post by Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Book Haul


This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts

Taste Test by Kelly Fiore

Sometimes Never, Sometimes Always by Elissa Janine-Hoole

Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend by Becca Ann

Click to Subscribe by L.M Augustine

Hi guys!

I hope you all had a wonderful week. I know I didn't get anything productive done, but it's the summer, so I figured I might as well enjoy myself relax a little bit.

I got some pretty amazing books this week. I didn't know This Song Will Save Your Life and Tumble & Fall were on NetGalley until last week. I've wanted to read both books really badly, so I was excited when I got approved for it.
I requested Taste Test because it's based on MasterChef, one of my favorite shows at the moment! I hope it's good!

I also bought 2 cute contemporaries this week,  Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend and Click to Subscribe. I read Reasons a couple of days ago and thought it was one hell of a cute book!

Thank you to NetGalley, Macmillan, Bloomsbury and Flux for the lovely review copies.
Weekly Recap

This week I got back to my regular reading and blogging schedule. I posted 4 reviews this week, here's a short recap of the reviews :
 
Review : Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Although I thought this sequel to Shadow and Bone wasn't as exceptional as the first one, I did enjoy it, especially the addition of some new characters. One disappointing element was the lack of the Darkling in the book! Still, I rated the book 4 stars.

Review : One Tiny Lie by K.A Tucker
This one was a DNF for me. I can't stand cheating in my books and this one had the MCs cheating on their significant others. Also, the characters were kind of dumb.

Review : Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan
This was an instant favorite of mine. Loved everything about it and I even compared it to the brilliant R.L LaFever's works! It's a must-read!

Review : Invisible by Marni Bates
This was a cute, fluffy read. Recommended if you're looking for a sweet, adorable romance book for nice sunny day out.


That's it for me this week!

I hope you guys had a good book week too! Leave links to your book hauls and I'll make sure to visit!

Happy Reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)