Book Haul & Weekly Recap #26

 
Book Haul is weekly feature here at Nick's Book Blog inspired by Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Review and The Sunday Post by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

Book Haul


One Tiny Lie by J.A Tucker

Rule by Jay Crownover

Acid by Emma Pass

Darker Days by Jus Accardo

Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles


Hi guys!

Welcome to another weekly book haul! I haven't done one of these in almost 3 months. So, I decided to share with you all the books I received this week.

I was gifted a copy of One Tiny Lie although I didn't really enjoy the first book. I ended up DNFing this one too last night because it frustrated me to no ends. I requested Rule off Edelweiss because there were so many raving reviews for it, but that ended up being another DNF for me too. I feel like I'm done with NA at the moment, because we're not getting along very well.
I bought a copy of Acid, because that cover is so badass, but that was yet another DNF for me, unfortunately.

I won a copy of Darker Days by Jus Accardo and I'm so excited to read it. I love Jus Accardo's writing and I'm pretty sure I'll love this one too! I almost died on the spot when I saw Wild Cards was on NetGalley. Simone Elkeles is one author whose works I've always loved. I read this on my flight back home and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Where the Stars Still Shine was on my top books to read this year, so I knew I had to request it when I saw it on NetGalley!

Thank you to Netgalley, Edelweiss, Harper Collins, Entagled Teen and Bloomsbury for the wonderful review copies!

Weekly Recap

I haven't been blogging as consistently in the past few months, but it's the summer now, so you should see reviews from me quite often as from this coming week. I did post a few reviews on the blog this week, so here's a mini-recap :

Review : Dare You To by Katie McGarry
I rated this book 3 stars. I liked it but didn't enjoy it as much as Pushing the Limits because Beth was a very hard character to enjoy. I definitely recommend it to fans of mature YA though!

Review : Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris

This sequel to Unraveling also got 3 stars from me. I enjoyed the book despite issues I had. Overall, this duo-logy is a brilliant one and worth reading!

Review : Golden by Jessi Kirby

This was a brilliant book that completely amazed me. It was simple but beautiful! I highly recommend this book to all fans of YA contemporary!

That's it for me this week!
I hope you guys had a fantastic week in books too!
Be sure to leave links to your posts so I can check out your goodies as well.

Hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!
Happy reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)