Review : Wait For You by J.Lynn

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title : Wait For You
Author : J Lynn / Jennifer L Armentrout
Publication Date : February 26th 2013
Publisher : Self-Published
Goodreads - The Book Depository


Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…



Personal Thoughts

Being a huge fan of the New Adult genre means that I buy every single New Adult book that releases. While that's not very profitable for my wallet, it ensures that I'm a happy reader. Going into Jennifer L Armentrout's, writing under pen name, J.Lynn, I knew that I would absolutely love her latest addition to NA, because her YA books are heavy on character development and sizzling romances and those are perfect ingredients for a New Adult Book. So, did I go into the book with too much expectations? Nope. Not at all.

When Avery decides to go to college in West Virginia, miles away from home, she's running away from her past and her parents. Avery had a lot going on for her. However, I found her to be quite unlikable for almost half of the book. In my eyes, she was a weak, untrustworthy and at times plain annoying. I admit that things were not bright and shiny in her life, but her inability to face her demons for almost the entire book frustrated me. All she did was hide the truth and run away. Now, I understand that it was difficult for her and had she resolved her issues early in the book, there would have been almost no plot. I always attribute my inability to connect with characters in her circumstances to the fact that I've never had to endure such a painful and scarring experience. I'm guessing it's exactly what happened with Avery and me. By the end of the book, she did redeem herself and I liked the way she gulped down her fears and stood up to her issues. Jennifer L Armentrout has the uncanny ability to write love interests that make you wish that you were the heroine. Cam is no different. In fact, I thought he was Armentrout's swooniest love interest. The guy was an utter delight to read about with his charming and flirtatious nature. Even though he gave off vibes of being a man-whore, he was actually a really sweet guy underneath it all. Plus, it helps that he was also hot! I'll be honest, I kept reading this book only for Cam and his sweet moments. The secondary characters were also well-crafted and in my opinion, they all felt very realistic and like real college students to me. The characters that I hated were the parents. God, those people were sorry excuses for parents.

The romance in Wait For You was full of explosions, as expected of Jennifer L Armentrout. The chemistry between Avery and Cam was so intense, that all I wanted was for them to get together already. Although it took some time for them to finally get into a relationship, I enjoyed the dynamics between Cam and Avery. They had some great banter and I liked that they were really good friends. As far as the content goes, all I can say is that it had the normal level of angst that NA books contain.  Wait For You is not an original addition to the NA genre, but it was still enjoyable. However, there were a few things that really bugged me. Firstly, I was annoyed by how the author kept interchanging turtle and tortoise (Cam's pet). From what I know, those two animals are not the same because one lives in water and the other one on land. Another problem was editing. There were multiple spelling errors, punctuation errors and typos. Usually, I don't notice things like that, but there were just so many that it was hard to miss them in this one. Regardless, this was still an enjoyable read.

Overall, Wait For You had nothing new to offer content-wise, but if you're a die-hard NA fan like me, then it's highly likely that you will enjoy it.

Rating
Cover : 4/5
Plot : 3/5
Characters : 4/5
Writing : 3/5




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)