Monthly Recap : January 2015



Hey everyone!

Since I'm no longer doing Stacking the Shelves posts, I've decided to join Jasprit and Rachel over at The Readers Den and do a monthly recap instead. I like keeping track of books and trends and I think this would be a good way to organize everything.

January was a hectic month. I resumed school after 6 weeks of break and it was rough on me. The cold weather didn't help either. I did read some great books and received some awesome books as well.

Number of books read
25
You can see a list of all the books I read this past month here.

Highest rating 
5 Stars (I rated 3 books 5 stars this month! WOO!)
Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga

Lowest rating
DNF
2 books were unfortunately DNFs for me.
Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton
Everything That Makes You by Moriah McStay


Books reviewed 

 I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios (5 Stars)
Perfect Couple by Jennifer Echols (3.5 Stars)
When by Victoria Laurie (2 Stars)
Paper or Plastic by Vivi Barnes (4 Stars)
Rebound by Noelle August (4 Stars)
Origin of Angels by Christie Rich (3 Stars)
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (4 Stars)
A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd (2 Stars)
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (5 Stars)
One of the Guys by Lisa Adlin (3 Stars)
The Boy Next Door by Katie Van Ark (4 Stars)
The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand (3 Stars)
When Joss Met Matt by Ellie Cahill (4 Stars)

Best read of the month

I can't choose just one for this one, so I'm going with more! Without a doubt, Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons (SO FREAKING INTENSE!), The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord (CUTE BOY ALERT!), My Life and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Wargo (Such a sweet story!) and Hero by Samantha Young (HOTT!).

Book which surprised me the most

I'll have to go with The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall.
I listened to this on audio and it was amazing! I loved how fun and adventurous it was. It also had an adorable boy called Jack and lots of swoony kissing! I was surprised by how much I liked it because I was led to believe there was a love triangle, when there really isn't one. Thankfully, I have friends like Nereyda who save me from making dumb decisions!


Fictional crush of the month

Definitely Max from The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord! He was just so nerdy and adorable and the boy had some moves! He managed to charm the pants off of me!

Three books I'm looking forward to reading next month

The Summer of Chasing Mermaids which I'm buddy reading with Jasprit and Danielle next week. I'm so excited to read this because it sounds amazing and I love Sarah Ockler. I need the book to be amazing! Next, I'm also excited to be reading The Remedy by Suzanne Young. I loved Suzanne Young's The Program series, so I was thrilled to find out she had a new book in the same world coming out. She writes achingly beautiful romances. And finally, I'm looking forward to reading Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein. I love that we're getting more jinni books these days, especially because they are pretty new in YA fantasy!


Exciting blogging moments

- Rashika joined the blog as a guest reviewer!
- I got some of my first physical ARCs!
- I won a giveaway!
- I started listening to audiobooks and they are amazing!
- I made some new blogging friends!

Bookish photo 


I won this little guy from Harlequin Teen as part of the Alice in Zombieland tour. It's just so fluffy and adorable! :) I had it pose with one of my favorite books of the month! :) 

How about you guys? How was your month? Anything exciting or fun happen to you too?
Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)