Nick's Random Gibberish (8) : Blogging and Reading Goals of 2015

Nick's Random Gibberish is a weekly post here at Nick's Book Blog where I, Nick, will talk about random topics from personal posts to discussion posts.

Hi guys!

I hope you all had a great first week of 2015! I headed back to school on Monday and I'm already drowning in homework. Sad face. :( 

In today's post I thought it would be interesting to share with you all some of my goals that I hope to achieve in 2015 when it comes to blogging and reading. I'm not certain if I will be able to fulfill everything, but I figured it will be a good to just write down everything as a reminder. 

Anyways, here we go! 

1. Read at least 150 books
I read around 238 books last year which was surprising. I know I should probably try to aim for something higher than 200 books this year, but I'm going to keep it real at try to read 150 books. I have a lot going on this year, given that it's my senior year in college (*freaks out*), and I want to focus on school. Fret not, I'm not avoiding reading! 

2. Read diverse genres of books
I tend to stick to YA a lot, but this year I want to expand my reading and read more adult books as well. I especially want to read more Historical Romance and Urban Fantasy books because there are some fabulous ones out there. I also want to read more adult crime thrillers/mystery books. I used to read only those books before I got into YA and a few weeks ago I went to the bookstore and walked down the mystery aisles and I was upset that I had abandoned the genre because there are some amazing books!

3. Read more books that I own and try to be selective with ARC requests
This is one that a lot of us struggle with. I have hundreds of books on my e-reader that are just waiting to be read and I seriously need to read them because I spent money on them. I'm hoping to read at least 75 books or more that I own this year.
I've started becoming very selective of ARCs too now these days. I either wait to see what friends think of certain books or I only requests ones that I'm DYING to read. So far, I've been successful. 

4. Take more blogging breaks
I already do this frequently especially when finals come around, but this year, I'm determined to take more when I'm on the verge of feeling of exhausted with it. Sometimes, I tend to forget that this is a hobby not an assignment.

5. Be more interactive on Twitter
I usually only use Twitter to share links to my reviews and posts, but this year, I want to be more social and actually have conversations with others and get to know bloggers better.

6. Find more blogs to comment on 
I'm used to habit, so when I follow a bunch of bloggers (who are all equally fabulous), I tend to overlook other bloggers. This year, I want to make new friends and find more blogs. I'm slowly starting on this.

What about you guys? What are some of your resolutions/goals this year when it comes to blogging and reading?
Be sure to let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)