Mini-Review : Forever Your Earl by Eva Leigh

Summary (from Goodreads)  

Title : Forever Your Earl
Author : Eva Leigh

Publication Date : September 29th 2015
Publisher : Avon
Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble

Eva Leigh makes her Avon debut with the first book in her smart and sexy Wicked Quills of London series!

Eleanor Hawke loves a good scandal. And readers of her successful gossip rag live for the exploits of her favorite subject: Daniel Balfour, the notorious Earl of Ashford. So when the earl himself marches into her office one day and invites her to experience his illicit pursuits firsthand, Eleanor is stunned. Gambling hells, phaeton races, masquerades…What more could a scandal writer want than a secret look into the life of this devilishly handsome rake?

Daniel has secrets and if The Hawk’s Eye gets wind of them, a man’s life could be at stake. And what better way to distract a gossip than by feeding her the scandal she desperately craves? But Daniel never expected the sharp mind and biting wit of the beautiful writer, and their desire for each other threatens even his best laid plans.

But when Eleanor learns the truth of his deception, Daniel will do anything to prove a romance between a commoner and an earl could really last forever.


Personal Thoughts

Historical romance is one of my favorite genre of adult romance to read, but I have to admit that I'm very picky when it comes to them. Only certain authors work for me and I'm always a little wary to start series by new authors. Forever Your Earl intrigued me because the protagonist, Eleanor, is a writer. Considering the day and age that the book was set in, that was very much unconventional, and for me, refreshing. I ended up really enjoying this title and by the end, I was ready to read more by Eva Leigh. Like I mentioned, Eleanor was a fantastic main character. I really appreciated how smart, driven and thoughtful of a protagonist she was. Not to mention, she was comfortable with being a sexual individual and certainly not ashamed of it. This is very much unconventional in HR, where most often you will find prim and proper heroines who don't know what sex is all about. Daniel, the hero, was also a pleasant surprise. I grew to really enjoy his character throughout the book. He was going through a difficult time, searching for his friend, Christopher, and trying not to let Eleanor's gossip sheets find out about him. I loved the loyalty he clearly had towards his friend and even though Eleanor could have been a "threat" of a sort to him, he was nothing but absolutely respectful of her. Their growing romance was so well-written, with its slow progression and the banter the two of them engaged in. These were two delightful characters and they could not have been more perfect for each other. They did have some obstacles in the way like Daniel hiding about Christopher being missing and him being an Earl and her just a commoner, but they were not added for the sake of convoluted drama. The ending of Forever Your Earl was sweet and worked in every way for me. Historical romance fans will have much luck with Forever Your Earl. It's a sweet, smart and heartwarming romance and I promise you, by the end, you'll be clamoring for the next companion story!

Rating 

Cover : 4/5
Plot : 4/5
Characters : 4/5
Writing : 4/5




Thank you to Edelweiss and Avon for the e-ARC of Forever Your Earl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)