Monthly Recap : June 2015



Hey everyone!

I hope June was a good month for you all as it was for me. The beginning was definitely hectic what with having to take finals, move out, graduation and flying back home. Those last few days were rough on me. By the time I got back home, my feet were full of blisters because of all the running around. Graduation went really well for me and thankfully, my parents were there to help me move out. I swear they packed my whole apartment in 3 hours. It would have taken me 3 weeks! They were like power bunnies because they wanted to get it all done with. I also signed a lease for an apartment for next year. Getting an apartment as an international student in the US is NOT easy.
It's  really expensive too but it feels like Denver is not the cheapest place to live in and with me not wanting to live with other people, it's going to cost me a lot of money. I'll be relying a bit on my parents for help.

Anyways, enough complaining! I'm so excited to be back home. It feels good being able to sleep in and not having to cook and basically be an adult. It's also great that I get to read more. I've been reading between a book and two per day during these past few days. Other than that, I've been binge-watching some TV shows and catching up on others. I was sad that I might not be able to chat with my friend, Nereyda, because we're on different time zones, but we still manage to talk everyday because I'm up until early in the morning and she stays up late too. :)

Here's my reading recap for this month!

Number of books read
31
You can see a list of all the books I read this past month here.

Highest rating 
5 Stars (I rated 2 books 5 stars)

Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally
Magic Bleeds
by Illona Andrews


Miranda Kenneally never fails to cheer me up with her books and like every other book of hers, Jesse's Girl was also a complete delight. I loved all of these characters and it might be my favorite book by her to date.

I also binge-read the first 5 books in the Kate Daniels series. These books are SO freaking good. I don't know why I waited so long to check them out. I mean I'm pretty sure I have a crush on Kate Daniels. She's badass and funny! Oh and her chemistry with Curran? OFF.THE.CHARTS. I'm sad I'm nearing the end, but this series is definitely re-read material.

Lowest rating
DNF

Alive by Chandler Baker



I don't know what exactly I was expecting out of Alive by Chandler Baker, but this book was so weird. I thought it would be a contemporary but midway through it switched genres and I just wasn't in the mood for it sadly. Maybe, I'll pick it up again one of these days.

Books reviewed 

Joyride by Anna Banks
Siren's Fury by Mary Weber
The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
Hidden Huntress by Danielle L. Jensen
Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout
The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
Every Last Word by Tammara Ireland Stone
Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent
Last Year's Mistake by Gina Ciocca
Brokedown Cowboy by Maisey Yates
Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway
The Devil You Know by Trish Doller
Dirty Thoughts by Megan Erickson
Faking Perfect by Rebecca Phillips
Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger

Best read of the month

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews.
It's the book where the couple FINALLY got together and OMG the sparks! It was well-worth the 4 books wait. Plus, the plot suddenly turned a 100 times more badass.

Book which surprised me the most

Play On by Michelle Smith
I thought this book would be more light hearted but towards the end it took a very depressing turn. It still turned out to be enjoyable, but the change definitely surprised me.


Fictional crush of the month


It should come as no surprise that Curran from Kate Daniels is one of my favorite book boyfriend of all time. This man is all sexy and possessive, but at the same time he views Kate as his equal and is so loyal. Yeah, I have a huge crush on him.

For YA, I chose AJ from Every Last Word. Gosh, this boy was so sweet. He was supportive and loyal and always there for the main character despite his rough and painful history with her. He truly was a gem.

Three books I'm looking forward to reading next month


Exciting blogging moments

- I hit some really exciting stats milestones on the blog. I have a giveaway to celebrate.



- In other news, I'm hosting a readathon next week and would love to have some of you join. It's very low pressure and just a way to get some of those books in your TBR. Only 2 people have joined so far, so I'd love to have more of you.


Bookish photo 


Source

Have you all seen this cover? I can't get over how simple but perfect and ominous it is! This book sounds like it's going to be awesome. Plus, I've loved C.J Redwine's previous series and I have complete faith that this book is going to be just as epic.

How about you guys? How was your month? Anything exciting or fun happen to you too?
Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Mailbox (8)

In My Mailbox (3)

In My Mailbox (10)